Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 31 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

Alba

Record Breaker
I mean, B&S won both segments during Russian Nationals -- and with a margin, to boot, their win wasn't narrow at all -- so there seems to be little sense in letting I&K substitute.

Yep. And they were 3rd in the team event also, in SD.

With Adelina and Yulia, their margins over each other for both segments were pretty narrow, but it was still clear overall that Adelina had the SP and Yulia had the LP. So, really -- if they'd truly considered preserving both skaters who had a chance to fight for gold in the individual event, they should have split the work between them.

Exactly.

Who wouldn't love Yulia? She is just precious. :love:

:yay:

skate59

Rinkside
I think their plan all along was to make sure Adelina won. They had way too much invested in her to not have her win. That's why they made sure Yulia did the team event and then didn't give her any space to practice for the individuals. if they truly backed Yulia you can bet she wouldn't have had to fly back to Moscow to train. The contrasts in them is so interesting...when you watch interviews you can tell that Adelina has been spoiled and groomed, she gives the typical state sponsored answers and is always smiling. Yulia is the exact opposite, she clearly hasn't been coached and says whatever she thinks. I love that part of her. It really is remarkable that Yulia has done as much as she has this past year given how little she was helped compared to others. and its amazing how we are all able to see and pick out those differences just by watching her skate and being interviewed. There's definitely something special about her.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Actually I don't think they forced her to the team event to save Adelina. Because if I remember correctly, Adelina was meant to perform her short at the team event, and Yulia the long.
There're rumor said that Russian Fed only had limited slots to save the athletes from doing 2 program in the team event, and they saved I/K (thus they got the bronze in the ice dancing event).
They didn't have more slot for Adelina so Yulia have to do both.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Awesome article!!! I translated it but its awful long to post here. I'm afraid to start a new thread which will surely bring out the haters :scowl:

papa

Match Penalty
I like that Bogatyrev film director, who left the event right after Lipnitskaya finished skating, because he didn't want to disturb the impression she'd made on him:
"Let it live in me, let it live as long as possible...". :)

Awesome article!!! I translated it but its awful long to post here. I'm afraid to start a new thread which will surely bring out the haters :scowl:

Oh I'd love to read a good translation! :) But, I understand why it can be deterring to post things - haters get a thrill however they can. That being said, I like to put a positive spin on things: Forget the haters - they're just jealous. And you're no one unless you're being discussed - so really the haters are just bumping the thread up each time they respond causing more people to curiously take a peak at what's going on. Great publicity! Thank you haters. ;) haha

Meoima

Match Penalty
Some crazy fans with some crazy imagination, just ignore them. There is nothing between these 2 anyways.

ManLady

On the Ice
Some crazy fans with some crazy imagination, just ignore them. There is nothing between these 2 anyways.

Even more so than the other female russian skaters, Yulia perfectly represents the stereotypical russian female in her generally tough, terse, & sometimes icy personal style. On the other hand, Yuzuru perfectly represents the stereotypical japanese young person in his friendly, innocent, "cute" style. Stranger things have happened, but I'm guessing a girl like yulia wouldn't tolerate someone like yuzuru for very long. They are from completely opposite ends of the cultural spectrum. Russian character has been forged by generations of hardship & perseverance, whereas japanese character is heavily influenced by rampant consumerism, which is why japanese tend to favor personal qualities which have mass appeal, especially to the young consuming class, as if people were products. in fact, yulia is very popular in japan mostly for her "cuteness", while in that interview posted here a couple days back yulia likened the japanese to children. Even though yuzuru is older, he acts like a young boy, whereas people have sometimes remarked that yulia has an older, even sometimes masculine demeanor. sure, they are both attractive and both top-tier figure skaters, but that doesn't make them a likely couple.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Yes, thank you for your explanation. Not to mention both of them are tedious at English. I bet they only talked once or twice times, due to the language barrier. So of course there is nothing between them, as well as there never will be. Let some people's imagination run wild, we can just ignore them.;)

These kid's missions are to skate their best at competition, rest well and be happy. That's what really matter to them. :)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
To be honest, I thought they looked adorable skating together at the Sochi gala finale (whereas, say, Yuna and Patrick looked kinda awkward because she's almost as tall as he is). But she's 15! He's 19, but acts 15! We should wait a few years before shipping--until then, it's just "Aww, how cute!" ;)

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Yes, thank you for your explanation. Not to mention both of them are tedious at English. I bet they only talked once or twice times, due to the language barrier. So of course there is nothing between them, as well as there never will be. Let some people's imagination run wild, we can just ignore them.;)

These kid's missions are to skate their best at competition, rest well and be happy. That's what really matter to them. :)

I think Yuzuru is currently in love only with his quad toe, and in dramatic romantic relationship with quad sal, not mentioning other quad girls that are in the queue :biggrin: :biggrin: :laugh:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I think Yuzuru is currently in love only with his quad toe, and in dramatic romantic relationship with quad sal, not mentioning other quad girls that are in the queue :biggrin: :biggrin: :laugh:
His dream girlfriend must be the quad axel then, and who knows if we can meet her someday? :laugh:

Yulia's dream boyfriend must be the quad toe or 3A, she has an excellent relationship with girlfriend spin already. :laugh: