Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 33 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

skate59

Rinkside
Yes she is a phenom and greatly loved. Yulia brings the passion. I can't wait for Russian nationals with Yules, Ade, Radio and Pogo. ;) That will be crazy! :biggrin:

Oh yeah there's so many coming up soon that both Yulia and Adele will really have to be on their game....but I don't doubt they will be. Either way its going to be great for us fans!!

Roman09

Final Flight
Q: After Olympics skating in show should be rest and fun for you. How are you preparing to it?
Yulia: I has answered it yet (meaning other interviews).
Q: But we didnt hear.
Yulia dont agree to repeat.
Julia ignores all questions from Komsomolskaya Pravda (kp.ru) because don`t like this media for much lying about her. Inspite of this, they writes one article about Julia for another and pursue her at each press-conference

Meoima

Match Penalty
Julia is anti-communist! :clap:
That makes me like her even more! :)
Why does kp.ru have anything to do with communist? I am not Russians so I don't understand, would you mind explaining to me?

papa

Match Penalty
Why does kp.ru have anything to do with communist? I am not Russians so I don't understand, would you mind explaining to me?
Komunisticheskiy Sojuz Molodyezhy (Communist League of Youth) - skaya (adjective ending) - Pravda ("Truth")

papa

Match Penalty
QuikiM, can you translate this film? http://video.yandex.ru/users/i6141/view/50/ :) or anyone else. i was trying, but my english is very bad for exact transfer emotions of the author
It's fantastic, very emotional piece about Lipnitskaia, worth translation for sure.
Best moment is at 15:45, when narrator quotes Julia's words to mom in locker room before LP in Euros: "No vsyo, poshla umyerat!" ("OK then, let's go die there!"). Heartbreaking and epic! :cry:

Subtitles for that film would be gift from heaven for all non-russian Julia fans... :bow:

Alba

Record Breaker
I like that Bogatyrev film director, who left the event right after Lipnitskaya finished skating, because he didn't want to disturb the impression she'd made on him:
"Let it live in me, let it live as long as possible...". :)

That's a really nice thing to say. :)

Awesome article!!! I translated it but its awful long to post here. I'm afraid to start a new thread which will surely bring out the haters :scowl:

Please if it's not too much trouble post it here. Even if it's too long. You can put it as part 1, 2 etc.

Q: The most stupid or annoying question journalists asked you after Olympics?
Yulia: Almost every question was closed to it.

:rofl: Simply the best.

Thank you so much QuikiM. Very nice of you.

I might do it in the future but it's too long and I don't have the time now.

No problem, take your time. Just don't forget about it.
Thank you. :)

Meoima

Match Penalty
This might be old, but can anyone knows Russian help me with Yulia's name? What does her name mean in Russian? I suppose all names have their own meaning some how, just like the Asian names. :) thank you in advance.

lyusy

Rinkside
The name Yulia is from Roman name Julius, it means nothing in Russian. And sirname Липницкая Lipnitskaia - the word Липа Lipa means lime tree (linden).