Max Aaron | Page 23 | Golden Skate

Max Aaron

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Marisha92

Rinkside
So we did go on Saturday, and kinda spent the rest of the weekend on a date so sorry for the delay. I think he liked it more than he expected.

I'm so bummed- I live 10 min away and didn't get to see the show- my kids used to skate at that rink and I actually thought of having them audition for the show, but they didn't want to do it. I completely forgot it was happening this past weekend. Glad to hear you had a great time, Stitch Monkey! Oh well, next time I will certainly not miss a show that's practically in my back yard.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thanks for the wonderful report, StitchMonkey! I'm glad you and hubby had a good time. Like TMC, I also burst out laughing at the "birth control failure" comments - fortunately, it's only me in the bed so no-one was woken (though I did nearly fall out!). There is some truly bad parenting in this world, alas.

I love the IN article. For me, it sums up everything that I love so much about him. Keep fighting, Max, as the Gladiator or the Swan Prince; I'll be behind you every step of the way. :yes:

andromache

Record Breaker
IceNetwork has published a new article about Max and his programs for next season. Sounds like he is really focusing on his artistry and confirms that Black Swan is the program he's been wanting to do for a while.

http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2015/04/27/120841160

Thanks for sharing!

I don't usually post in the Max thread (although I check it often enough because I love seeing what our US men are up to :)) but this article pretty well sums up the importance of dance and artistry in figure skating...which I'll be furiously writing a 20 page paper on in a few days :drama:. I'm definitely going to keep this article in mind for citation purposes!

Skaters get a lot of BS thrown their way when fans act as if the skaters themselves have no idea of their weaknesses or what they need to become stronger skaters. I'm glad Max is proving everyone wrong.

mintx

On the Ice
Great article. I can't wait to see how the programs develop.
The top US guys all seem to have so much potential. I hope they start winning more international medals soon.

TMC

Record Breaker
Lovely article, but the parts about 'the talk' and how vulnerable he feels broke my heart a wee bit :(

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Lovely article, but the parts about 'the talk' and how vulnerable he feels broke my heart a wee bit :(

Yes. Especially coming so close after the whole WTT selection thing.

Aaron is very sensitive to the kind of criticism he reads on social media. He says he's taking on a ballet piece to force himself to become an artist.

"People don't know I'm an artist on the inside. Maybe I'm afraid, because of all the talk."

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Max is an equal-opportunity ;) lifter . It was Polina's turn to be his on-ice liftee this past weekend, with Max all smiles :) decked out in his top hat and tux.

And on Saturday, Max and Polina both were inspired by meeting Georgiana Burnside, the teen skater who recently had a serious spinal cord injury.

IceNetwork has published a new article about Max and his programs for next season. Sounds like he is really focusing on his artistry and confirms that Black Swan is the program he's been wanting to do for a while.

http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2015/04/27/120841160

Tom Z's tweet about the IN article :):
So proud of @MaxTAaron maturity. Onward to next season ...
https://twitter.com/CoachTomZ/status/593609993082961920 (Apr 29)​

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The lift! The tux! The big bright smile! Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The lift! The tux! The big bright smile! Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

A second photo of the Max-Polina lift (looks like good fun for both :)):

More Showtime on Ice stuff:

https://instagram.com/p/17JIisr-1A/ mini-video of Max's Black Betty exhibition

Too-cute-not-to-share Max-related photos/msgs:

IceNetwork has finally restored the missing stream of Max's SP from WTT and can be viewed in its entirety here:

http://web.icenetwork.com/video/v76521983/?event=2015_world_team_trophy (Subscribers only -- ~46:00 minute mark)

S/K Pairs FS is still MIA on both ISU and IN archives.

Thx, sabinfire :).
(I promise not to ask any more questions about the S/K footage ;).)

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Max + Tux = :love:

Of course, Polina looks very pretty too :)

Re-watching Max's Black Swan again (um, for the 2569346th time :eek:: ) and noticed something. Some long programs feel, well...long. They get to a point and the skater keeps going and you're kind of, "OMG, is this not over yet?", and it feels like the skater has been skating forever. But the best long programs always feel short (IMO), and you want them to go on longer. I feel that way about Max's Black Swan. It's like he hits that pause before the ChSq and I'm like, but wait, you only just started, how can you be finished?

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Re-watching Max's Black Swan again (um, for the 2569346th time :eek:: ) and noticed something. Some long programs feel, well...long. They get to a point and the skater keeps going and you're kind of, "OMG, is this not over yet?", and it feels like the skater has been skating forever. But the best long programs always feel short (IMO), and you want them to go on longer. I feel that way about Max's Black Swan. It's like he hits that pause before the ChSq and I'm like, but wait, you only just started, how can you be finished?
I think the best long programs make you think they're about over (and you're going "Aww, it's over already?"), then they give you just a little bit more. I'm greedy like that. :biggrin:

But another wonderful type of LP is one that makes you go, "This is the climax, now it's over... and I wouldn't want it to end any other way." Max's is like that. :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
And I always smile even wider to hear the Japanese crowd so happy and enjoying it.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Max will have a chance to lift Ashley again ;) -- at Skate for Hope this summer.

5 pm, August 29, in Estero / Fort Myers, Florida at the Germain Arena.

https://www.facebook.com/skateforho...161287.246528927691/10153273711682692/?type=1

Others shown on the cast poster in addition to Max and Ashley:
Emily Hughes
Rippon
Kayne/O'Shea
Denney/Coughlin
Scimeca/Knierim
Gilles/Poirier​

(For anyone unfamiliar, Skate for Hope's mission is to help those affected by cancer.)

Disclaimer: No guarantees that Max and Ashley will perform a lift together, but they did a couple of years ago at Skate for Hope, as well as at this year's WTT gala.

ETA, brief video of Max's Nessun Dorma debut at WTT. I can't tell whether it is a fan cam or a recording off of a screen:

Silliness #LOL: What caused this reaction of Mirai to Max? :laugh:

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I think that clip is a recording off a screen, because the shot changes midway through.

hehehehe Mirai and Max being goofy.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I think that clip is a recording off a screen, because the shot changes midway through.

Definitely a recording of another screen. Both the audio and video (aliasing/distortion) would point to this, since there would be few other ways this could be introduced in a video capture.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I think that clip is a recording off a screen, because the shot changes midway through. ...

Definitely a recording of another screen. Both the audio and video (aliasing/distortion) would point to this, since there would be few other ways this could be introduced in a video capture.

Thx, guys. So a recording of a screen playing the ISU's archived video, I guess? 'Cause no Japanese chyrons.