Australian figure skaters | Page 67 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
But this is so exciting! I was literally just complaining about figure skating not being on Aussie TV, not even on Foxtel and here SBS comes to our rescue! :hap10:

Yes! I've been raging the whole first half of the season about how it's not on Eurosport even though every other winter sport is and how that blocks our ISU stream rights anyway. And SBS! The last place, the very last, I'd have ever thought to look!

GF2445

Record Breaker
So heads up those watching the highlights from this Saturday.

The good news is that they are squeezing in all the SP and LP of all disciplines
The down side is that they are only able to show the top 2 in each.

The commentary is a mix of different people. Sometimes its local, sometimes it's using other commentary. So im not comppletely happy. But im just thankful that we have it.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So heads up those watching the highlights from this Saturday.

The good news is that they are squeezing in all the SP and LP of all disciplines
The down side is that they are only able to show the top 2 in each.

The commentary is a mix of different people. Sometimes its local, sometimes it's using other commentary. So im not comppletely happy. But im just thankful that we have it.

Oh no, surely not! Surely they wouldn't chack Brendan! Not on an Australian broadcast! They even mentioned him explicitly in the TV Guide! :no:

GF2445

Record Breaker
Oh no, surely not! Surely they wouldn't chack Brendan! Not on an Australian broadcast! They even mentioned him explicitly in the TV Guide! :no:

Except Brendan. It will probably be Brendan and then Max. They will keep him in. But from what i have heard, the broadcast will look like its a highlights show. They are trying to cram as much skating in as possible.

skaterfan2501

Rinkside
Just looked at the line up for Nestle in Poland? Will be very exciting to see Brooklee, Chantelle and Kailani face off internationally. Big Aussie contingent!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Except Brendan. It will probably be Brendan and then Max. They will keep him in. But from what i have heard, the broadcast will look like its a highlights show. They are trying to cram as much skating in as possible.

Well...I suppose selfishly I can't complain too much about that because, well Brendan and Max!!!! But I'll wait and see. Not long to go now.

Just looked at the line up for Nestle in Poland? Will be very exciting to see Brooklee, Chantelle and Kailani face off internationally. Big Aussie contingent!

Super exciting! The big thing will be hoping that Chantelle, Jordan, and Paris and Matthew can get their TES minimums for 4CCs. Can you imagine if they did? Three men, three ladies, and a pair? Have we ever sent such a big team to 4CCs? So exciting!!!

GF2445

Record Breaker
For those watching the Skate America Highlights Show on SBS at 2pm, the skaters they are featuring today are:

Gracie Gold
Evgenia Medvedeva
Victoria Sinitsina & Nikita Katsalapov
Madison Chock & Evan Bates
Wenjing Sui & Cong Han
Alexa Scimeca & Chris Knierim
Max Aaron
& Australia's very own Brendan Kerry.

edwinaskater1943

On the Ice
Well...I suppose selfishly I can't complain too much about that because, well Brendan and Max!!!! But I'll wait and see. Not long to go now.

Super exciting! The big thing will be hoping that Chantelle, Jordan, and Paris and Matthew can get their TES minimums for 4CCs. Can you imagine if they did? Three men, three ladies, and a pair? Have we ever sent such a big team to 4CCs? So exciting!!!

Has Chantelle already got marks for 4CC?

GF2445

Record Breaker
She has the short program score, but missed the free skate score by 1.88 at the Open d'Andorra before Nationals. She doesn't have either minimum for Worlds.

The minimums for the worlds are very very high. It might be a bit much for her to attain. Its all about baby steps.

This is going to be a test for who is going to get on the world team.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh no! It's NBC commentary! :no: :no: :no:

EDIT: wait, maybe not. Or if it is, they've somehow ditched Weir from it, thank goodness.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Dont worry. Its going to be a mix this week.
I heard that its Belinda Noonan next week.

:yes2:

(I was wondering about that actually. When I thought it was NBC, I thought, well, how're they gonna do this? NBC didn't show Brendan!)

EDIT:

I think it's IceNetwork commentary, actually! (Which is not much better because the IN guys basically spent a heap of time talking about the stuff Brendan did wrong and not a lot about the stuff he did right.)

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yes and sadly Ryan Bradley's moment of stupid where he says Brendan was born in the US made it into our broadcast :palmf:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Nice commentary from Belinda on both Brendan's and Max's free skate. Special props for her mentioning Max's "strong physique"! :rofl: