Australian figure skaters | Page 66 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

brookes1968

Rinkside
Charlton Dohertyhad a fantastic two program's and should have been in 1st place in junior men. He has beautiful posture and really getting the jumps. He also competes in dance and synchro. I really feel the judging in Australia is unreliable because the sport is so small the same favourites get voted no matter whether they have a bad skate or not. Brooklee was also unimpressive. Does anyone know why she is now representing QLD ?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yes but how are you connected with skating....a fan ?

Does aussie_SKATES have to be otherwise? At some level, aren't we all just that? aussie_SKATES was kind enough to be posting reports on Nationals, you should be thanking them.

Charlton Dohertyhad a fantastic two program's and should have been in 1st place in junior men. He has beautiful posture and really getting the jumps. He also competes in dance and synchro. I really feel the judging in Australia is unreliable because the sport is so small the same favourites get voted no matter whether they have a bad skate or not. Brooklee was also unimpressive. Does anyone know why she is now representing QLD ?

What? Do you know anything about the scoring system at all? Charlton was extremely impressive but his base value was nowhere near what James put out even with the fall. James' short program jumps were 3Lz-2T, 2A and 3F. Charlton's were 2A, 3T-2T and 2F. (They each had two level four and one level three spin and level two steps.) In the FS the difference was even more stark. James: 3Lz (fall), 3S-2A SEQ, 1F, 3F-2T<, 3T, 3Lz-2T, 3F and 2A. Charlton: 3T-2T-2Lo, 3S-2T, 3S, 3T, 2A-2Lo, 2Lz, 2Lz and 2A. And so what if he also competes in dance and synchro? I mean good for him, he was very impressive in the dance too, but are you saying he should be given some kind of boost because of this?

Brooklee was extremely impressive, showed off good fight and speed, amazing spins that were easily the class of the field. The jumps were not all there but she was still putting out harder technical content in that FS than every other lady except Kailani.

Please do tell me which judging you consider suspect. Given your apparent lack of ability to comprehend that the technical mark plays a role, I will be more than happy to rebut it.

brookes1968

Rinkside
Does aussie_SKATES have to be otherwise? At some level, aren't we all just that? aussie_SKATES was kind enough to be posting reports on Nationals, you should be thanking them.

What? Do you know anything about the scoring system at all? Charlton was extremely impressive but his base value was nowhere near what James put out even with the fall. James' short program jumps were 3Lz-2T, 2A and 3F. Charlton's were 2A, 3T-2T and 2F. (They each had two level four and one level three spin and level two steps.) In the FS the difference was even more stark. James: 3Lz (fall), 3S-2A SEQ, 1F, 3F-2T<, 3T, 3Lz-2T, 3F and 2A. Charlton: 3T-2T-2Lo, 3S-2T, 3S, 3T, 2A-2Lo, 2Lz, 2Lz and 2A. And so what if he also competes in dance and synchro? I mean good for him, he was very impressive in the dance too, but are you saying he should be given some kind of boost because of this?

Brooklee was extremely impressive, showed off good fight and speed, amazing spins that were easily the class of the field. The jumps were not all there but she was still putting out harder technical content in that FS than every other lady except Kailani.

Please do tell me which judging you consider suspect. Given your apparent lack of ability to comprehend that the technical mark plays a role, I will be more than happy to rebut it.

The PCs were elevated for min and pasfield in both junior boys and girls. If you examine the protocols Jackson scored technically 7 points higher in the LP but received 2.5 marks lower in PCs than Pasfield. Same story in the SP.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The PCs were elevated for min and pasfield in both junior boys and girls. If you examine the protocols Jackson scored technically 7 points higher in the LP but received 2.5 marks lower in PCs than Pasfield. Same story in the SP.

Min's PCS were quite well-deserved. He was very good.

I thought Pasfield was better than Jackson. I am not a judge, and Jackson was nice, but I thought presentation-wise Pasfield was better.

And that doesn't at all answer your ridiculous statement that Charlton should have beaten James.

I can't believe it. We've just had a wonderful Nationals showing off all the best talent in Australia and instead of admiring that GS is now flooding with Kailani-bashing, judge-bashing idiot trolls.

Other countries must be shaking their heads in befuddlement.

brookes1968

Rinkside
Min's PCS were quite well-deserved. He was very good.

I thought Pasfield was better than Jackson. I am not a judge, and Jackson was nice, but I thought presentation-wise Pasfield was better.

And that doesn't at all answer your ridiculous statement that Charlton should have beaten James.

I can't believe it. We've just had a wonderful Nationals showing off all the best talent in Australia and instead of admiring that GS is now flooding with Kailani-bashing, judge-bashing idiot trolls.

Other countries must be shaking their heads in befuddlement.
No you are the one bashing anyone who dares have a different opinion to you. It is very evident in the way you think your opinion is totally superior. It's very evident who you support and don't ! Charlton and other QLD skaters never get the respect or support they deserve due to the likes of you and your bombastic opiniated attacks

Tallorder

On the Ice
Would be wonderful to see another international event of consequence in Australia. It was ?Goodwill Games maybe almost 20 years ago last?

aussie_SKATES

On the Ice

Thank you for your support.

To answer your question, yes, I am a long - time fan of the sport.

My connection to skating is that I was building fan - based websites for fun testing new software when out of the blue in 2004, I was contacted by the editor from International Figure Skating magazine to take over an Australian site dedicated to skating that she no longer had time to run.

This connection has allowed me to rebuild the aussieSKATES site and brand from scratch, use IFS photos free of charge, and gain the site official media access to events such as Four Continents in Vancouver, Worlds in Moscow, Saitama and Shanghai, and hopefully next year, in Boston.

This interest (or addiction, I am not sure which) is totally self - funded, and is my way of giving recognition along with another great site and magazine, OzSkater, to these hard - working athletes.

See you all in 2016!

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
No you are the one bashing anyone who dares have a different opinion to you. It is very evident in the way you think your opinion is totally superior. It's very evident who you support and don't ! Charlton and other QLD skaters never get the respect or support they deserve due to the likes of you and your bombastic opiniated attacks

Am I missing something here? I thought I've made it quite clear that I adore skaters from QLD. I don't give a toss what state a skater is from. Charlton was wonderful but the result was correct purely on the basis of what was achieved technically.

Ha. Bombastic opinionated attacks. Fine, coz the only attacking I've seen has come from the likes of you, and toots, and that other brand-new poster who all engage in such ridiculous activity as accusing Kailani of buying instagram followers, accusing the Australian judges of not giving Katie the TES scores for 4CCs, and thinking someone with a 3S-2T-2Lo should trump someone with a 3Lz-2T.

brookes1968

Rinkside
Am I missing something here? I thought I've made it quite clear that I adore skaters from QLD. I don't give a toss what state a skater is from. Charlton was wonderful but the result was correct purely on the basis of what was achieved technically.

Ha. Bombastic opinionated attacks. Fine, coz the only attacking I've seen has come from the likes of you, and toots, and that other brand-new poster who all engage in such ridiculous activity as accusing Kailani of buying instagram followers, accusing the Australian judges of not giving Katie the TES scores for 4CCs, and thinking someone with a 3S-2T-2Lo should trump someone with a 3Lz-2T.[/

Kailani has 90,000 instagram followers. Radiniva 40,000. Do you realise how ridiculous it looks to keep bringing this up . It makes you look defensive . It is well known kids use apps to get followers and as all Toots did was mention it when some fan raised the issue because it is a huge amount for a skater with not a huge following. She is not in the league of Gracie yet. So stop being defensive if anyone questions anything about Kailani. You don't seem to care what you say about other skaters who work hard ! Also no one accused the judges of not giving Katie's a score for 4Cc.. The point raised was elevated PCs which we all know is where scoring can be fudged if they want a certain skater to place. It happens overseas all the time.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Let's not forget the junior ice dance team of Matilda and William, who have been doing Australia proud overseas and have a slot in next year's junior worlds. I didn't get a chance to see them at nationals but their protocols are certainly looking good. I think this team has the potential to go a long way. The Queensland team of Charlton and Jessica has also shown a strong improvement. It's easy to overlook dance but I think it's important to support the up and coming dancers now that Danielle and Greg have retired.

Matilda and William and Jessica and Charlton were fantastic, I really enjoyed them. They're certainly building that sort of projection that you need. All of the dance couples were really good, actually. I enjoyed it considerably, and I don't usually enjoy dance.

skaterfan2501

Rinkside
I agree i thought he had a wonderful skate. I like James and Darian as well but thought Charlton was the best this nationals as James made a few errors

skaterfan2501

Rinkside
Would be wonderful to see another international event of consequence in Australia. It was ?Goodwill Games maybe almost 20 years ago last?
Why is SDU not happening but sending big numbers to Asian open ? We need more ISU comps in southern hemisphere as it disadvantages them having to fly so far etc..

skaterfan2501

Rinkside

Interesting you highlight the technical differences in junior men but fail to give it credence in the junior ladies where Pasfield was actually technically poorer than a few of the other skaters.

Its great Aussie skates were reporting and not sure any one was being critical of them just interested to know their background and affiliation ?

GF2445

Record Breaker
I've been away for on break and this is what the page is discussing...
Im very dissapointed.
So sick of it.😒😒😟😞⛸⛸

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
ATTENTION AUSTRALIAN SKATING FANS

FIGURE SKATING IS BACK ON FREE TO AIR TV!

SBS will air highlights of the five completed GPs (unfortunately this means no Brooklee), GPF, 4CCs, Europeans, and Worlds!

Details and schedule are here - starts December 19th!

iskate

On the Ice

SBS will air highlights of the five completed GPs (unfortunately this means no Brooklee), GPF, 4CCs, Europeans, and Worlds!

I'M SO EXCITED! But I wonder how much they mean they will show by "highlights"...I want all the skaters! :sad21: Guess no one can complain though, as skating is shown so rarely on Australian TV this is a really awesome change.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'M SO EXCITED! But I wonder how much they mean they will show by "highlights"...I want all the skaters! :sad21: Guess no one can complain though, as skating is shown so rarely on Australian TV this is a really awesome change.

Well, I poked around the SBS website this morning and in their TV guide, when you click on the scheduled Grand Prix for next Saturday, it specifically mentions Brendan's great skate, so I can't imagine that they'll chack the Australians. We won't see Brooklee of course because they're not showing what there was of TEB, but I imagine they'll show all the Australians at 4CCs and Worlds. The program is scheduled for 95 minutes so I'm hoping we'll see quite a bit. I can't imagine our broadcasts would be stuffed full of fluffs and stupid commentator fashion choices and stuff, though I hope they do have some fluff for the Australians, it would be SO GREAT!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

I was going to post this, but I wasn't sure where to put it since it won't be all Aussie skaters.

But this is so exciting! I was literally just complaining about figure skating not being on Aussie TV, not even on Foxtel and here SBS comes to our rescue! :hap10:

Sadly I won't be able to watch it live, because I'll be at work or at the ice rink myself.