2013 Skate America Ladies Free Program | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2013 Skate America Ladies Free Program

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
IS Mao's score too high?

Yes, much too high. To give perspective, Joannie Rochette landed 6 clean triples, no falls, at the 2010 Olympics scoring 131.28 points. Here, Asada fell hard once, landed only 4 triples, and received 131.37 points.

jaylee

Medalist
Mao's ridiculous scores are totally justified by the ridiculous difficulty of her programs! No one is attempting more with so much artistry - Adam maybe with the guys.

Mao did not attempt the 3/3, did not attempt the 2A/3T, and fell on the 3A. Look, you can debate about the artistry, but the "ridiculous difficulty" of this program was not there today.

mskater93

Record Breaker
She didn't attempt it all (3A <, the 3+3 missing and the 2A+3 missing) so why should she get such ridiculous marks? She also two footed the flutz. I get that she should score 120+ but not 130+ for THAT

inskate

On the Ice
That is a ridiculous score for a program with that many mistakes. I expected her to win gold but not with that sort of score. Can't wait for those protocols.

Probably all elements lvl4 and rotated 3A.
She looked disappointed with herself and not even happy with her win. I hope she'll be happier with herself at NHK!

Is miss Asada slightly injured somewhere? That was not what I expected from her after her SP..

She has a recurring back/hip pain (this is why she can no longer do a donut spin), and it's possible she hurt herself while falling. It could be just nerves, pressure, or whatever ailed the other ladies today.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
drivingmissdaisy said:
Ashley was not going to win because Mao rotating 6 triples and level 4 on everything was never going to score < 120.

Yes, and I still thought she'd win, but not with such a score....
Granted, I think her PCS compared to Ashleys are okay, but I'm not really getting the TES difference. Protocols are going to be interesting...

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I don't think the 3A was <, despite Scott trying to make it seem like it was clearly URed, whereas Ashley's 3T was clearly URed and Scott and Sandra acted like it was so amazing.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Wagner needs to make sure she gets L4s on the spins. She left points on the table there. Also, couldn't she use the FSSp as her one position spin and add either a combo spin or FCCoSp to up her tech mark? She's leaving points behind there...