2013 Skate America Ladies Free Program | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2013 Skate America Ladies Free Program

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Mao actually looked quite unhappy for someone that just won a competition. I think to her credit, this wasn't the way she wanted to win either.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Btw, is it possible that this charming Mrs. Screamer wasn't at the ladies' event? I think I didn't hear her.

yuki

Final Flight
It WAS <, but they must have given it to her.

They didn't (the 3A was marked<). Ashley was given the 3-3, but her last spin was level 1.
Both of them landed 5 rotated triples (if you count Mao's flutz as clean, Ashley's was underrotated).

pokky_oc

On the Ice
Despite this not being her best win, Mao has finally won all of the 6 Grand Prix events in her career. Well done to her!

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
OK people now that the protocols are up please explain what is wrong with Mao's scores. She took a lot of deductions on the jumps.

bara1968

On the Ice
I mean, come on! I really don't care whether Mao wins or not, she had a lead after very good SP anyway and Ashley made some small little mistakes too but the SCORE she got is simply not deserving at all! 3-3 -> 3-2, 2A 3T -> 2A 2T, , fell on 3A, edge call on 3lz. There was NOT a single difficult jump element she had successfully done, and even her step sequence was obviously not of her best at all! She was extremely slow as well. How can she get such a big score from SS? Wow this is crazy.

Becki

Medalist
I don't think the 3A was <, despite Scott trying to make it seem like it was clearly URed, whereas Ashley's 3T was clearly URed and Scott and Sandra acted like it was so amazing.

Yes, I found that kinda funny. It was pretty clear during the slow playback that Ashley's 3T was underrorated, but Scott (?) thought it was clean, and amazing. o_O

Edit: Just looked at protocol, apparently Ashley's 3F-3T was clean...wah. Okay then.

mskater93

Record Breaker
^^^
They called the re-center on the back camel. Makes sense... See further up post about Wagner's spins from me - she has 2 here planned at L3.

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
The 3 axel looked rotated :unsure:
But I could see where there's some discrepancy.

Colanboy

Rinkside
A large part of the difference between Mao and Ashley can be attributed to Ashley's poor levels. Level 3 on two spins, Level 1 on her final combination spin and a level 3 on her step sequence.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 3 axel looked rotated :unsure:
But I could see where there's some discrepancy.

Asada under-rotated the 3Axel and both 2loops she did. Asada achieved all Level 4s on her non-jump elements; that is how she secured the win.