live streaming of figure skating during Olympics- question | Golden Skate

live streaming of figure skating during Olympics- question

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
This is the official press release stating that all figure skating will be live streamed on nbc.com:

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...y-124-hours-of-olympic-winter-games-coverage/

However, there seems to be some need to have a certain kind of cable tv to do this? Can anyone decipher this?:
Olympic coverage on CNBC, MSNBC and USA Network will complement the programming airing on NBC and NBCSN, the details of which will be released soon. It has already been announced that NBCOlympics.com will live stream all Olympic competition from Sochi. The vast majority of live streaming will only be available to authenticated cable, satellite or telco customers via “TV Everywhere,” the media industry’s effort to make quality content available to authenticated customers both in and out of the home, and on multiple platforms.

Does anyone how they do this authentication and whether they only accept certain cable providers? I have verizon cable and wonder if I should switch back to Time Warner. I seriously will switch cable providers for the sole purpose of watching ALL the Olympic skating! :)

Thanks in advance for help/clarity anyone can provide!