2014 Olympics Mens Free Skate | Page 51 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Mens Free Skate

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
If plushenko just skated..

Then nothing... he would have been 9 points back of Hanyu (with his 91 point SP), and needed a score of 188 (which is far greater than anything he's been capable of) to win, and 183 points to come 2nd, which he's also never been capable of. Could have maybe achieved bronze though with a score of 165.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
A winner with 2 falls, and the runner up with plenty of mistakes... It's disapointing. We can rebaptised the Men'e event as: The human Zamboni Festival!!
There was so many falls

Eh Albertville for the women was the same. The tech content goes way up and it takes a full Olympic cycle for it to take hold. We just had our full Olympic cycle, so now 2018 should be something extra fierce.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Disgusted with the scoring. And it was like the tech panel just vented their spleen on Jason. Throwing out the 3Lo because of the second double Axel with the three turn before it? BULL. ABSOLUTE BULL.

They also gave him to the waxel too. Bummer.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
does anyone know who Tjasa Andree Prosenc is, the ISU lady? She's been at the Euros as well, I couldn't find any info...

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Disgusted with the scoring. And it was like the tech panel just vented their spleen on Jason. Throwing out the 3Lo because of the second double Axel with the three turn before it? BULL. ABSOLUTE BULL.

Would have only put him 8th, even if the 3L was ratified. Too many errors elsewhere.

NorthernLite

On the Ice
9th. I've never seen anybody so happy for 9th. :) Well, this is something for Jason to build on. Have we confirmed he'll go instead of Abbott to Worlds? (RE: Abbott today: Hate to say it, but if he'd been in contention he probably wouldn't have skated as well.)

And yes, altho' I wasn't following FS at the time, this does remind me of 92 Ladies.

That entire final six of ladies at Vancouver ... What a night that was.
YES!

Dots

Final Flight
Congrats to D10 for his bronze medal. I'm happy for Frank as well!

A disastrous night for USA skaters, even with Abbott's watered down but clean skate, both finishing a disappointing 9th and 12th place. :no: This are our worst male Olympic finishers in a long time.

What went wrong? Why can't our skaters perform on the big stage? :confused2:

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
Jeremy delivering the only clean skate worth mentionning :bang: I'm really happy, that he could do that in his last skate - I suppose he will not go to the Worlds.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So Jeremy turns in a top 10 FS and Jason turned in a top 10 placement. Not too bad for team USA. Ironically the exact same placements as the pairs.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I feel for Patrick and Tatsuki.
Patrick had all the advantage he could wish for after hearing Yuzuru's score. What happened?
Doubling the lutz in the short cost Tatsuki the bronze medal.
Right now, I feel I wouldn't like to have the lives of these two guys; I'd rather have my boring and mediocre life!!

:laugh: