2014 Olympics Mens Free Skate | Page 50 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Mens Free Skate

Seruleane

Final Flight
Daisuke had my favorite program today, did his best with injuries and all, and seemed happy with it in the end!! So glad he ended on a good note :). Surprised his presentation score wasn't higher...he had hands down the best presentation IMO.

BlackPack

Medalist
I don't know what's worse, Hanyu and Chan skating poorly and only winning as the best of the worst, or my co-workers jeering that men's figure skating is such a joke because of how messy this whole men's FS was. :disapp: :cry:

Laymen don't understand how hard it is. Let's see them compete on Olympic ice. I doubt they'd do as well as these guys despite the splats.

aschiutza

On the Ice
yep

rarely have my favorite skating performances been from the olympics

in fact, i'm so overwhelmed with the flopping from this event i can't even think of anyone who's skated their best at the olympics

Urmanov
Yagudin
Kulik (if we count that he normally imploded one or two jumps)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well that wasn't Jason's best performance, but he's going to Worlds, so he still has one more chance to put in a season's (personal) best performance!

I'm thrilled for "Tennis!" First bronze for Kazakhstan! I am never underestimating D10 EVER AGAIN.

Kissx3

Final Flight
Jason happy to be in the top 10.

Fernandez one minor readjustment away from a medal.

Shame that this is the big primetime event the massive every-four-year worldwide audience is going to be seeing.

dress

On the Ice
A winner with 2 falls, and the runner up with plenty of mistakes... It's disapointing. We can rebaptised the Men'e event as: The human Zamboni Festival!!
There was so many falls

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Oh come on - Brown beat Ten on PCS marks with that sloppy skate! He should have been 5 points lower for sure.
Bonus for being in the final group, I guess. Just imagine what might have been if Denis was clean in the SP and into the final group for the FS.

daphna

On the Ice
this was such a hot mess, but i love the gold and bronze winners! Hanyu is gonna be so HUGE in Japan now.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Happy for Dennis Ten!! Congratulations to all the medalists. The nerves we palpable. Hope they can now relax and enjoy the rest of the games :)

qwertyskates

Medalist
This went from one of the best Men's SP to one of the worst Men's FP for me. :disapp:

Plushenko did way better in his time.

I think Kovtun would even have medalled here!:scowl:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
How could Patrick loose this :confused:? Nerves, nerves... well for all of them. What a disappointing olympic competition... so many chances for many to shine. Are they trying too difficult programs, thinking everybody else does difficulties well or what? Hyping each other?

FlattFan

Match Penalty
It would be so nice if Denis was clean in the SP, and clean in the LP and take the title.
If Plushenko save his team performances for today, he would probably win it all. Damn, too bad whatever holding his back is artificial and can't take it anymore.

StellaCampo

On the Ice
I feel for Patrick and Tatsuki.
Patrick had all the advantage he could wish for after hearing Yuzuru's score. What happened?
Doubling the lutz in the short cost Tatsuki the bronze medal.
Right now, I feel I wouldn't like to have the lives of these two guys; I'd rather have my boring and mediocre life!!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Disgusted with the scoring. And it was like the tech panel just vented their spleen on Jason. Throwing out the 3Lo because of the second double Axel with the three turn before it? BULL. ABSOLUTE BULL.