Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 24 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
Shhhh, I'm just waiting for one of those skaters to inadvertently take a sneaky selfie of the morning after (ahem) and posting it somewhere on social media ... figure skating could use a good sex scandal right about now to really draw a crowd these days, at least to get a more lasting place in popular culture. Heh.

yeah we need a good sex scandal

my vote goes to the shib sibs

interpret that as you wish tee hee

BlackPack

Medalist
Well if you look at Elena's Instagram, there's a pic of her being smothered by Mishin.... you can start there :laugh:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I'm not talking about dating/love. I just think that if they are sick and tired of each other then they probably would be less tactile with each other. :biggrin:
Just look at them after their FD and Gala. They look pretty happy despite losing gold medal.

Snow63

Record Breaker
Shhhh, I'm just waiting for one of those skaters to inadvertently take a sneaky selfie of the morning after (ahem) and posting it somewhere on social media ... figure skating could use a good sex scandal right about now to really draw a crowd these days, at least to get a more lasting place in popular culture. Heh.

Here for it :popcorn:

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
I'm not talking about dating/love. I just think that if they are sick and tired of each other then they probably would be less tactile with each other. :biggrin:
Just look at them after their FD and Gala. They look pretty happy despite losing gold medal.

that or they know it's their last skate together and they're savoring the moment

carey579

Spectator
that's your key phrase - the first 6 months i watched figure skating, i thought all the pairs were dating too. the more you watch, the more you realize it's mostly just acting and people who make eye contact with each other

i/k do have better chemistry than most ice dance teams though

There is eye contact and there is lip contact - I'm sure I've seen them kiss on the lips after some of their routines on YouTube. Please don't tell me it's a 'Russian thing' or of the moment.

carey579

Spectator

They always look so happy next to each other and never in a forced way.

Although hey did split in the past, now it makes no sense. I cannot wait to see what unravels.

Snow63

Record Breaker
There is eye contact and there is lip contact - I'm sure I've seen them kiss on the lips after some of their routines on YouTube. Please don't tell me it's a 'Russian thing' or of the moment.

Yes, it is :biggrin:

hyperinflation

Match Penalty

ehhhhhhhhh...a lot of teams do that though

and it really is a russian thing, they do it to their coaches sometimes too. plus the men kiss their male coaches' cheeks

BlackPack

Medalist
so none of the russian tabloids know of what's going on? I remember they stalk the skaters closely. Gordeeva was photographed/filmed by paps when she hung out with her Ice Age (or whatever show that was) partner who showed some very flirtatious body language.

if there's an affair going on with niki-sinitsina-morozov-elena, I'm surprised it's only speculated but not really verified.

carey579

Spectator
Ew, yuck... So distasteful. Victoria and Elena both deserve better :bang:

I guess Morozov is the Jack Nicholson/Leonardo DiCaprio of Figure Skating. Some people seem to think he is a stud who somehow no matter how he looks himself gets hot young women :rolleye: I think it's total BS.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I really REALLY REALLY hope this rumor is not true! They were going to be my new favourites after Meryl & Charlie retire. I mean they're sensational together both look wise and on ice. They are so the future champions and no one else.

My thoughts exactly. I've been a fan of Meryl and Charlie ever since their wonderful Fledermaus, and this year's Swan Lake made me root for Elena and Nikita as my other favorites. I so hope they don't split!

noidont

Final Flight
Oh Morozov. Does he know he is best suited to be a banker or a politician not a skating coach? So much manipulative talent going to waste.

BlackPack

Medalist
Who is Mr Unibrow?

Pasquale Camerlengo, a.k.a. "Uni"

Oh Morozov. Does he know he is best suited to be a banker or a politician not a skating coach? So much manipulative talent going to waste.

You're right but being a coach he has direct access to world-class beautiful people, and I think skaters are even hotter than most Hollywood actors and models.

I guess Morozov is the Jack Nicholson/Leonardo DiCaprio of Figure Skating. Some people seem to think he is a stud who somehow no matter how he looks himself gets hot young women :rolleye: I think it's total BS.

Morozov is nowhere as talented as Leo... but he was/is a good choreographer....

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
And, as for Nikita's fall on the twizzles, I get the impression that Elena orchestrated that deliberately as revenge. She made sure he did not have enough room, and that he would hit her and fall. Why do I say that? Because, when she was coming off the ice, she was looking very pleased with herself, with a massive smirk on her face.

Quite a wild theory, there! I&K's twizzle disaster was secretly orchestrated by the evil Elena! :think:

No wonder some skaters probably thinking skating fans are crazy! I could only imagine what some of them must think if they were to read forums like this. :laugh:

BlackPack

Medalist
Quite a wild theory, there! I&K's twizzle disaster was secretly orchestrated by the evil Elena! :think:

No wonder some skaters probably thinking skating fans are crazy! I could only imagine what some of them must think if they were to read forums like this. :laugh:

According to Ashley Wagner, these forums are full of crazy cat ladies. I am a bit crazy but no cats...:biggrin:

uhh

Medalist
that or they know it's their last skate together and they're savoring the moment

But if it's true that Elena had no idea and was devastated to hear the rumour, I can't see her being happy or savouring the moment - she's a very emotional person, she admits that herself, and if you watch old programs where they've made mistakes like Worlds 2011, she is not afraid to show her displeasure with those around her.

When this rumour first appeared, some fans from their VK group who speak with her from time to time messaged her asking if it was true - and they say she replied that she was shocked to see it, had no idea where it came from & questioned how anyone could expect her to skate at Worlds if it was true. Given that response, I don't think she'd skate the way she did or look so at peace with Nikita - not just in the K&C after the FD, but they were holding hands at the FD draw, and cuddling at the small medals ceremony - if the split was a done deal. Maybe the idea was posed (most likely by Morozov and I don't doubt that it was all behind Elena's back) but I really don't think it's a certainty yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.