Ekaterina Bobrova & Dmitri Soloviev | Page 61 | Golden Skate

Ekaterina Bobrova & Dmitri Soloviev

dcnative

On the Ice
I'm really loving this team; but I agree that Katya looks very nervous/upset/disturbed about something. I think it may be that fabulous lift that they are doing this season (imagine her view point during the lift). I can't figure out HOW in the world he is holding on to her but it looks very beautiful and precarious. It also doesn't seem to be wowing the crowd. I haven't seen it live, but on screen when it happens I inhale sharply and hold my breath until she is back on her feet. Maybe the audience does the same thing and can't react until the end. I hope for the best for them this season. If it's that life, please #fixitZhulin.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Charlie White who did the Icenetwork commentary for SkAm totally loved that lift and said it was his favorite for the season!

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
I absolutely love their look on the ice. They are absolutely striking and look incredibly fit. I love their FD as well, before it changed to Vivaldi. I think they can absolutely win Rostelecom Cup though we don't know what Weaver/Poje look like.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I'm really loving this team; but I agree that Katya looks very nervous/upset/disturbed about something. I think it may be that fabulous lift that they are doing this season (imagine her view point during the lift). I can't figure out HOW in the world he is holding on to her but it looks very beautiful and precarious. It also doesn't seem to be wowing the crowd. I haven't seen it live, but on screen when it happens I inhale sharply and hold my breath until she is back on her feet. Maybe the audience does the same thing and can't react until the end. I hope for the best for them this season. If it's that life, please #fixitZhulin.

I saw that lift live and GASPED! It's stunning.

mylifeback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Love both their programs this season & am very glad they are able to compete this year. I had no idea they'd been skating together so long.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
great comentary
thanks for posting! i REALLY WANTED TO hear Charlie's comments!

legjumper

Rinkside
I attended Skate America last weekend and wanted to pop by to say how much I enjoyed Katya and Dima. They (especially Katya) get so much criticism online, but in person they have great presence and charisma. They are in great shape for the start of the season and in my mind are definite contenders to get into the Top 5 at Worlds.

cocotaffy

Final Flight
I also love that team. They have great lines and they really improved their speed. Of course as a result they can skate a bit shaky at places esp. in the SD but if bobrova can grow in confidence, they have a serious fighting chance. Soloviev, such a presence and great partnering skills.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
So happy with those scores. I thought they were careful with the levels, and the performance could be better, but they were right on the money. I think the score was fair. Let's hope for a new PB tomorrow too.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Really happy for them. They worked hard for this, and yes, there's more emotional depth they can add to the program, but they were sound technically, which is what they needed to be. I certainly can see them getting personal bests again this season, and hope they can skate even stronger next time. :hap10:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love these two and I can't wait to read Snow63's celebration :cheer::dance3::party2::dance: