Ekaterina Bobrova & Dmitri Soloviev | Page 60 | Golden Skate

Ekaterina Bobrova & Dmitri Soloviev

MarieM

On the Ice
Maybe she should have said that hearing training partners on Aguilera made her want to have the same? That would be closer to the truth :)

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Maybe she should have said that hearing training partners on Aguilera made her want to have the same? That would be closer to the truth :)

Right. And how do you know that?

Wow, just because they skated cleaner and beat Chock/Bates, a lot of people started to hate them again. :laugh2: I got so much fun reading youtube comments from this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJO497SYK5c

Hmmm... Let's see, Bobrova/Soloviev have won because of Madi and Evan's mistakes? Yes, the team who actually skated cleaner won over the team who made mistakes! Surprise! That's how it usually happens! Or some people expected different outcome in this situation?

And some people from there seriously need to get a life... I mean, 'soulless French and faceless Americans'? Really? :rolleye:

Last edited:

TheGothicEme

On the Ice
And some people from there seriously need to get a life... I mean, 'soulless French and faceless Americans'? Really? :rolleye:
:laugh2: they must have waited for "the return of the Great Russian dance" for too long.
Oh Gosh, now sitting back reading my comments there, I find them funny too. :rofl:

Snow63

Record Breaker
The material of FD dress will be changed because all the lift's problems were because of that, there will be some changes in steps to gain more speed, and Katia was upset after FD at Bratislava because she was mad at herself for making mistake on the element where she usually rests :)

http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20161003/1108570090.html

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Very sensible decision. I think they are on the path for a good competition on the GP. Hoping to see them on the podium.

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
😊 Ekaterina Bobrova is one more skater who has seen "Carmen". Recently.

Ekaterina Bobrova:
Attention! #bigpost
Last year when almost all the team visited the ice musical "Carmen", I didn't succeed to do it. But after all those awesome words which the guys were saying about it, I decided, that this year I should go for sure. So? I really love Cirque du Soleil, and during all the "Carmen" performance I was thinking, that I really see it: circus on the ice. The scenery is overwhelm­ing, all the details are well-thought-out, the lighting is awesome, live sound and vocal (hats off to Sveta Svetikova)... Costumes! If my memory serves me well, Navka has changed 6 dresses 😱 Yet the most nice thing about it, that all the stars, European Champions, World Champions, Olympic Champions work with SUCH intensity at their 65th (!) performance, that I had goosebumps from every number. Thanks a lot to Ilya Averbukh and all his team for the world-class ice musical! I have finished.

alexei.yagudin@ekaterinabobrova: yet you promised your post would be short? )))

[email protected]: this is veeeery short for me 🙊
https://www.instagram.com/p/BKGxBA1jAyQ/

Though the 65th performance was in 2015, not now... 😊

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes the twizzles from her were a tad scary on the first set but she caught herself and avoided an ugly fall.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Last edited:

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
More reports from SA:

"Bobrova/Soloviev's upside-down rotational lift even more bananas with arched back. FD still a season favorite"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BL1u1eihtu_/?taken-by=venus_mc_fly
Thanks, coldblueeyes. The person who said that about their lift is absolutely right :biggrin:.

Yes, it looks like the same dress. But Bobrova said that she is going to keep the same dress design as they like it, but change the material/fabric of the dress to one that would be more comfortable in lifts. Perhaps it has been done - difficult to tell with this quality of video.

Snow63

Record Breaker
I like Dima's new outfit for SD. and finally it starts to grow on me, at least the blues part... They look very confident and comfortable with both dances. I like that they show a lot of maturity too. And I think they're ready for the battle, very nice practice skates even with Ekaterina's mistake on twizzles. Better make mistake on twizzles at practice than during real competition. I'm so optimistic for the Skate America :hap93:

Also, it seems to me that Katia looks thiner, she probably lost some extra weight from the beginning of the autumn... Or maybe it's just the quality of the video :scratch2:

Last edited:

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Congrats for the bronze! :hap10:

But I'm not happy with their result in this competition. I mean, they looked a bit surprised in the SD with the score already, but in the FD they looked subdued throughout the program. It reflected in the PCS, not to talk about the DiSt that looked a bit laboured today, they lost too much speed in it for my liking. And the curve lift cost the medal. The upside is that Katia looks a lot more in shape.

Let's hope for a better showing in Moscow.

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
Love the Fd!
I don't even care that it's the second time they've used Vivaldi. But katia looked a bit nervous to me, not that I blame her seeing as all they went through the second half of last season. But still, it's early yet and they have time to perform perfectly. And I know they will :)

Snow63

Record Breaker
Congrats with the bronze! It's a good result for a North American event for them, IMO :hap93: Because let's face it, their scores will be higher in Europe and especially in Russia :) They started the same way last season, and I still think they have a chance for GPF.

TheGothicEme

On the Ice
I'm really happy that the doping incident last season doesn't affects their score this season. Had it not been for the extended lift deduction, they could have got the score they received at Ondrej Nepela :hap10: and even with some mistakes, they still managed a 105+.
However, for them to make it to the GPF, they have to stay focus and absolutely clean at Rostelecom, they're up against both Weaver/Poje and Chock/Bates there. :slink: