Tell us about yourself | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Tell us about yourself

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Real estate agent in San Diego. Absolutely love my work, have the best partner--we're the "For Sale By Owner" conversion queens in the area!

Former singing teacher (private studio, college). Grew up in Boston, lived 6 years in Israel, Bachelor's degree from Wesleyan in CT (Theater/English), Bachelor and Masters degrees in Vocal Performance. Now I'm the soloist at my synagogue--I've got absolutely no time to sing in any other capacity. One almost 10-year-old daughter, one sweet pug named Madelyn, one sweet little hamster named Angel.

Really love figure skating passionately! It all began for me with Janet Lynn, probably my all-time favorite skater (female). Paul Wylie and Rudi Galindo are my all-time favorite male skaters.

Last edited:

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Mpal2,

Wow! I can't believe this dreary town actually produced two skating fans! We must be the only ones for miles....lol!

diver chick

On the Ice
Okay I'll join in too.

I am 24, Irish but living in Wales for the last two years. I have a degree in Microbiology and am currently in my final year of a PhD in Environmental Epidemiology (lots of statistics that I will hopefully be able to pay someone else to do when I finish ;) )
I play hockey and as my screen name suggests I am a bit of a diver chick. I love scuba diving, British sea diving is amazing in the summer!
I love animals and have a lovely but incredibly stupid boxer called Figaro who unfortunately has had to remain in Ireland with my family and has now attached himself so firmly to them that he will never move to Wales with me - he knows when he has it good :sheesh:

Well there is lots and lots more but that is about all I can think of at the moment.

mpal2

Final Flight
So you agree that Chattanooga is dreary???

BTW, I have two sisters at UT. The oldest is graduating with an organic chemistry degree. (I think she must be insane ;) ). The other is a junior majoring in Nutrition.

I on the other hand have stayed far, far away from anything connected to science and I'm working as an accountant for the people who brought Little Debbie snack cakes into the world. I help the world get fat. :p My nutrition major sister can straighten them out after we get done with them. ;)

Lucy25

Final Flight
Let's see...I'm from beautiful south eastern Michigan (really, it is beautiful here!) and have lived here all my life. I'm 34 and have been teaching middle school English for seven years. I finished my Masters degree last June (YEAH!) I love to travel (Scotland has been my favorite place so far), read, watch classic television shows, and shop. I have a nine-year-old beagle that I adore, and I am trying to learn how to cook and balance my check book.

I first remember watching skating when it was the "Battle of the Carmen's" with Debbi Thomas and Katerina Witt. From then on, I was hooked. My favorite discipline is the ladies, with my favorites being Michelle Kwan and Kristi Yamaguchi. I have always preferred the really artistic and lyrical skaters over the technical skaters. I used to have a huge crush on Todd Eldredge and felt comfort that he lives only 15 minutes from me. He and Paul Wylie were my favorite men's skaters, along with Yagudin. I like the pairs who "skate as one", such as G&G, Meno & Sand, B&S, S&P, and now S&Z. I have never thought that ice dance was a real sport, but I enjoy watching Belbin and Agusto.

Aloft04

On the Ice
It's so nice to meet you folks!!

I make my living as a Realtor living on a lovely forested island equidistance between Vancouver, BC and Seattle, WA.

Happily married for 26+ years (after a brief spell with Mr. Wrong) to a neat guy from Liverpool, England, who indulged me with surprise tickets to World's when it was in Vancouver!! Thrill!!

Nobody's mommy. Everybody's 'auntie'. I grew up on the Oregon coast, graduated from University of Oregon, lived in Alaska, California, Utah and now Washington (state). Stepdaughters (now with grandkids) have lived all their life in Auckland, New Zealand so we travel when we can.

A true and unrepentant "nature nut" and wildlife advocate, my little acre is visited daily by 10 deer (that expect punctual treats), treeloads of songbirds, several families of raccoons, and an eagle family is currently nesting next door. You should see my birdseed bill.....

Private fixed wing pilot, vocal John Kerry supporter, author of 3 published books and working on a novel now...slowly, very slowly..... That's it for me.

floskate

On the Ice
OK I'm Frazer I'm 30 and I live in Wales in the UK but I'm from oop North originally.

I'm a teacher of performing arts, heading a musical theatre course which I love, but before that I was a professional singer and dancer up until last year when my stupid back made me retire from performing. I worked in theatre touring etc, but most of my career was performing on cruiseships so I've been around a bit!!

I live with my partner of 8 years although as we both worked on separate ships we never saw each other for 7 of those!!!

I got into skating because my Mum watched it. My earliest memory of that is watching Robin Cousins fall on his sls in the sp at 1980 Worlds. The n we watched T&D every year of course. I drifted away after that until '88 Olympics when Ifell in love with the sport head over heels. We had a VCR by then too so my addiction to watching dates from then. My all time fave as you might have guessed from some of my previous posts is Midori Ito. I'm very into Japanese ladies skating. Some more of my all time faves are G&G, MK, Boitano, Yags and many skaters from yesteryear. I'm just a retro kinda guy:D

Lanie

On the Ice
I haven't been posting awhile but here goes...

I'm your pretty average, boring high school student. I'm 18 and I'm a senior at Santa Susana Magnet High School in Simi Valley, CA. I'm going to be attending community college next year and who knows what I'll do afterwards although I'm looking to transfer to either Franklin & Marshall or Sarah Lawrence (although who knows how I'd fit in, but I love the way their educational system works there!!) and I hope to major either in history, international relations or English (or, if I could, writing... I love to write).I was on the academic decathlon team this season, and we got 3rd in county, and I was also a representative of Ventura County at the National Youth Leadership Conference last fall. Whee! I'm a mediocre student... nothing all that interesting...

I'm obesssed with history, especially royalty--especially the Romanovs. No, not the Anastasia stuff, but her sisters fascinate me, and so does the Victorian era in general, as well as the Renaissance and Tudor time periods. I also like the middle ages.

I skate ,too! I started when I was 6 and quit around 7 because I was just TOO wild. I started up again in December when I was almost 17, and quit last October because of time constraints; I didn't have time for the ice and needed new boots and my coach and I sort of drifted off after she had one problem after another, poor thing. I'm starting up AGAIN now that I have new skates...now need to find a coach. LOL.

I have one kitty, Oliver, who showed up on my doorstep when I was 14 and we're inseperable. He acts like a dog and stalks me constantly, always wanting some cuddling or something.

I'm a big Sasha Cohen and Evgeny Plushenko fan and I pretty much like just about anyone, really; I'm not that into dance or pairs, though, although my first skating exposure was in 1994 at the Olympics, haha!