Carolina Kostner at Burning Man 2014 | Golden Skate

Carolina Kostner at Burning Man 2014

anyanka

Record Breaker
Caro performs her Ave Maria SP at Burning Man festival outside of San Francisco and someone took a video!

http://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10204926338857370

Even on roller skates, with the whole thing looking like an outtake from that old science fiction movie "Dune", in the desert, the program STILL works!

I wouldn't have ever put figure skating and Burning Man together but it is absolutely perfect. Here's the description of the video:

"Itallian Olympic ice skater Carolina Kostner came by the Black Rock Roller Disco at Burning Man 2014 to perform a tribute to friend who recently passed. It was one of those magical moments that can only happen at Burning Man. BTW - There were several people using our wifi conection who never looked up from their screens to see this performance. Screw them,everyone there LOVED it!!!! It was the best skating I have ever seen in 14 years of presenting the Black Rock Roller Disco on the playa."

So cool!!:clap:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Go Caro :rock: Simple perfection and beauty. Thanks for sharing!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Not only is Caro a Goddess on Ice she is now a Goddess on Roller Skates, loved it! Thank you for sharing!

willdu

On the Ice
Was that a music clip of Bolero at the end!? I want to see Bolero on roller skates!

anyanka

Record Breaker
She's so laid-back, especially compared to how she was in quad before Vancouver when she was a nervous wreck all the time. Methinks she found peace and purpose.

Does anyone else here want to hang out with her?? New topic (start this thread somebody): which skaters would you chillax / unwind with?? :)

skateluvr

Record Breaker
So bizarre I just learned what burning man is on a religious site and then find this thread. That's one weird gathering. Uber rich techies and hippies in the desert. And caro???? Just wow.

anyanka

Record Breaker
So bizarre I just learned what burning man is on a religious site and then find this thread. That's one weird gathering. Uber rich techies and hippies in the desert. And caro???? Just wow.

The very prolific and brilliant writer Armistead Maupin lives in SF and goes every year. I'd love to see him and Caro chill and exchange stories.

desertskates

Medalist
Wow, the fact that she's even there is interesting, and that performance was lovely! A side note: a tan looks great on her!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Almost surreal seeing Carolina skating in furry skating boots while skating to Ava Maria in what looks like a desert wasteland from the Road Warrior. I'm impressed that she even knew about the Burning Man Festival.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Almost surreal seeing Carolina skating in furry skating boots while skating to Ava Maria in what looks like a desert wasteland from the Road Warrior. I'm impressed that she even knew about the Burning Man Festival.

^^ Can we make this into a film??? :D