Nfl 2014-2015 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Nfl 2014-2015

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I wouldn't count Tom out just yet (and I'm not a fan of his or the Pats)... you can have a bad few games and still turn it around.

Of course you're right. Brady was amazing last night! One of his best games of the last 3 seasons. 300+ yards, 4TDs, 0 Interseptions! Yo, Tommy! And all these big plays!
My thought after sunday night:
- it was a tough game, despite the points difference. Pats' offensive line struggled in first half, they were better in the second half though. Much space for improvements. Defense was good in first half, and not so good in second half.
- Bills played dirty. No, I mean DIRTY! Especially their defense. All these unnecessary shoves and hits against Brady AFTER the plays. It was bad. But Pats gained a lot of yards from this so I'm not complaining :)
- Injuries. I hate it when key players get injured during the game. Mayo, Connoly and Ridley at the same game. And Gronk have a minor injury knee too :no:
Overall Pats were good, but they were better againts Bengals.

Also want to say about Cowboys VS Seahawks game. It was funny :) Both teams struggled HARD. Especially OLs. I didn't follow Seahawks. But from what I've seen last night I have to say they're not #1 contender for SB. And they played at home :slink:
And I'm also glad that Packers 'packed' 'Fins. TD just 3 seconds before the end of the game. That was crazy.

Skategmt

On the Ice
The Pats player good, but I want to see them win against Denver or Green Bay. The Bills are terrible and they have been for years, so to me, despite the point difference, wasn't as impressive to me comparing that win to the win over Denver in 2013.

Snow63

Record Breaker
Better to win ugly than to lose pretty.

Congrats Pats fans with another win and 5-2 start. Pats need to smack those Bears next.

Snow63

Record Breaker
A couple of thought after Sunday Football:

1. Broncos and Packers are obviously top contenders for the title this year.
2. Cowboys look kinda good. Both passing game and running game is great. Best record in the league so far. I wish Murray have more time to rest though. No one wants him to injure himself before the playoffs.
3. Only game I fully watched was Seahawks VS Rams. Despite Seahawks being head and shoulders above Rams in second half, they still have lost. Poor defense, bad offensive calls, too much penalties... Wilson is the only reason that they are still alive IMO. I don't see them as main contender for the NFC West title anymore.
And what a cool moment it was with fake punt from Rams with 3 mins 'till the end of the game. I laughted like crazy man.

Skategmt

On the Ice
Better to win ugly than to lose pretty.

Congrats Pats fans with another win and 5-2 start. Pats need to smack those Bears next.

They do because they have a tough schedule after this week, Colts,Broncos,Packers, it will be interesting.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Wow there are a lot of Patriot fans here...

You all are in good company: Ross Miner, Alex Shibtuani and Simon Shnapir are among the skaters who are Patriot fans.

Marissa Castelli, a newer Patriots fan, is the focus of an article on the official team website today. :)

Olympic figure skater Marissa Castelli on being a Patriots fan
Briana Palma, Lifestyle Editor
The Rhode Island native dishes on her favorite team, fantasy football and which current player could have a career in figure skating.
http://www.patriots.com/news/lifest...iots-fan/3f9db281-dcc3-4ed9-addf-fa089b171915 (Oct 20)​

Snow63

Record Breaker
Marissa Castelli, a newer Patriots fan, is the focus of an article on the official team website today. :)

Olympic figure skater Marissa Castelli on being a Patriots fan
Briana Palma, Lifestyle Editor
The Rhode Island native dishes on her favorite team, fantasy football and which current player could have a career in figure skating.
http://www.patriots.com/news/lifest...iots-fan/3f9db281-dcc3-4ed9-addf-fa089b171915 (Oct 20)​

OMG! She's amazing :) She's almost as obsessed with them as I am. I especially liked this:
In recent weeks, though, Marissa has gone from fantasy to reality, meeting favorite players like Stevan Ridley and Rob Gronkowski in person at the Matt Light Celebrity Shoot-Out on October 7. The latter, she judged, could have a successful career in figure skating if he ever decided to trade in his cleats for skates.

"I feel like Gronk could throw me pretty far," she quipped. "I'm 5 feet tall, but I'm fearless, so it would be cool to be lifted by a 6-foot-6-inch man."
:laugh:

Ok. Where should I sign for her Fan Club card? :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Wonder which team is trying to make the most publicity out of Jarryd Hayne? (If anyone does actually sign him, I will laugh at them.)

Snow63

Record Breaker
I'm not even going to say anything before next week game. The time has come. I feel like next week will be the moment of truth.

Skategmt

On the Ice
I'm not even going to say anything before next week game. The time has come. I feel like next week will be the moment of truth.

I agree, next week we will see how good they really are. Let's hope its freezing out in New England next Sunday!

Snow63

Record Breaker
I agree, next week we will see how good they really are. Let's hope its freezing out in New England next Sunday!

Haha! It was! Congratulations :)

I'm so happy and so proud. Even in my wildest dreams this result looked kind of delusional. I think it was our best game vs Broncos (out of 16, Brady era). Everyone was at their best: offence, defence, special teams, coaching stuff and even weather :laugh: And I'm glad the game wasn't dirty mess (like vs Jets), there were moments, but nothing too violent or unsportsmanlike. And it was nice to see Talib and Welker high-fiving Pats players at the end :)
After KC disaster something snapped inside Brady's head. He's on fire now. And I think he probably have a shot at MVP title. I know there're Payton, Rogers, Wilson and Luck, but their TD/INT ratio is nowhere near Brady's stats. Who cares about passing yards when you throw 2-3 interseptions per game?
Now I see Patriots as contenders for the ring. Colts next.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
season's still early yet... but it's closing fast... this month will really be telling... Pats look good but we'll see... didn't they tromp Denver last year around this time?

I'll be surprised at this point if my Niners make the Wildcard... oy. not sure what the heck is going on but it's not good.

Snow63

Record Breaker
season's still early yet... but it's closing fast... this month will really be telling... Pats look good but we'll see... didn't they tromp Denver last year around this time?

I'll be surprised at this point if my Niners make the Wildcard... oy. not sure what the heck is going on but it's not good.

That was 34-31 OT win on 11th or 12th week. They were losing 0-24 after the first half. Not a good game. In fact, Pats were lucky. This year the team is different. And we have healthy Gronk (so far). So their chances are quite good. But blue Fish keeps fighting too, so everything's possible.

Idk about Niners, I watched just one game with them. But they are seems to be better than Seahawks rn.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
That was 34-31 OT win on 11th or 12th week. They were losing 0-24 after the first half. Not a good game. In fact, Pats were lucky. This year the team is different. And we have healthy Gronk (so far). So their chances are quite good. But blue Fish keeps fighting too, so everything's possible.

Idk about Niners, I watched just one game with them. But they are seems to be better than Seahawks rn.

OH the Sehawks. They are sort of a mess right now. The fact the Raiders (who are now 0-8) somehow managed to be within a touchdown of them is a bit disconcerting.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I didn't see much yesterday but Brady and Grankowski hooked up for huge yards and a TD during what little I saw of the Patriots game. They always do well when I watch :)

Snow63

Record Breaker
I didn't see much yesterday but Brady and Grankowski hooked up for huge yards and a TD during what little I saw of the Patriots game. They always do well when I watch :)

Oh well. I guess I should kidnap you, bond you to a chair and make you watch all their games :laugh: So, what's your adress? ;)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
OH the Sehawks. They are sort of a mess right now. The fact the Raiders (who are now 0-8) somehow managed to be within a touchdown of them is a bit disconcerting.

Well they're getting hit hard with the same media rumor crap that the media tried pulling on the Niners last month. Not sure what's going on with either team when it comes to the locker room problems (if they're to be believed)... but there's no reason why the Niners should've lost to the Rams. Absolutely none (for that matter the Seahawks shouldn't have lost to them either).

Skategmt

On the Ice
Haha! It was! Congratulations :)

I'm so happy and so proud. Even in my wildest dreams this result looked kind of delusional. I think it was our best game vs Broncos (out of 16, Brady era). Everyone was at their best: offence, defence, special teams, coaching stuff and even weather :laugh: And I'm glad the game wasn't dirty mess (like vs Jets), there were moments, but nothing too violent or unsportsmanlike. And it was nice to see Talib and Welker high-fiving Pats players at the end :)
After KC disaster something snapped inside Brady's head. He's on fire now. And I think he probably have a shot at MVP title. I know there're Payton, Rogers, Wilson and Luck, but their TD/INT ratio is nowhere near Brady's stats. Who cares about passing yards when you throw 2-3 interseptions per game?
Now I see Patriots as contenders for the ring. Colts next.

I also can see them in the mix for the SB. If they can play their next 3-4 games like this week, there shouldn't be a problem!

And Mrs. P. your right, the Seahawks are a mess!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Am I the only one that was shocked to see the Browns dominate the Bengals last night?!

Skategmt

On the Ice
Am I the only one that was shocked to see the Browns dominate the Bengals last night?!

I wasn't surprised actually. The Browns have Hoyer, and has been playing pretty well. The Bengals have Dalton, and I think he's not good. How well your QB is/is playing really matters!