Daisuke Takahashi retires from competitive skating | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi retires from competitive skating

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
At the end of last season, I expected this news because I knew he struggling to keep up technically. But, maybe because he delayed the announcement for a while... I started consider the possibility of him coming back. Upon this announcement, I'm both glad because I don't think his body could take much more... and sad because competition just won't be the same without him.

Hats off to this incredible man: a determined champion, a pioneer for his country, and to me, possibly the most artistic men's skater of all time. :bow:

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
I will miss him :cry: He is one of my big favorites. I agree with Sandpiper: the most artistic men's skater of all time. Many times I didn't even notice what he jumps I just enjoyed his skating. I've never seen him live, just on TV, but even watching him on TV, you can see he feels every single move. Thank you Daisuke for your beautiful skating and amazing career. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

lavender

Record Breaker
:eek:..:cry:....deep in thought.....:clap:......:yay:&:party: That's how I've spent my day today.

The super typhoon has passed thruout Japan this morning, blowing away clouds and all dusts. The sky was clear and so blue... sooooo blue and beautiful that almost made me want to cry, then I found the news...
First Jeff, then Stephane, and now Dai. Competitive figure skating won't be the same for me anymore tbh, but in life everything has its end at some point. Thank you so much, Daisuke, for your fabulous performances all these years, and for bringing your heart, soul and your passion to the world of competitive figure skating, so that, even after ISU introduing CoP system, makes the sport still worthwhile watching for many skating fans in the world.

Wish Daisuke all the best as he is onto the next chapter of his life. Otsukare-sama Dai-chan & Korekaramo zutto oen shiteiruyo!

These were my favorites. I would include Jeremy but for me I think Jeremy should pack it in. However I still feel it's that person's right to stay even well into social security if they like.

neraiselle

On the Ice
I will miss him dearly. He was a passionate skater in competition with very distinctive style and character. I will remember him very very fondly. Good luck Dai-chan in all your future endeavours outside competition!!!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When thinking on the best footwork the first name that comes to my mind is Dai. Shingalas posted this video in his fan thread. The intro is a bit long but once it starts up its worth the wait.

Congratulations to Dai on such a meaningful career! His presence will be missed.

http://youtu.be/zVHLl1LZAK0

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
I don't know if somebody posted it before, but I found beautiful video on youtube about Daisuke. It was posted on March so maybe some of you already saw it, but I'm watching it right now(actually I started to watch 5 minutes ago but already downloaded it :D ). He is just amazing :love: