Gold's 'Rippon' Lutz Combination | Golden Skate

Gold's 'Rippon' Lutz Combination

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
woah :eek::clap:
any news if she's planning to use it? imo it looks more stable than her standard 3Lz-3T

Last edited:

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
It's a Rippon lutz (Tano is just one arm overhead) and that was a beauty. She's been able to do that for a while now in practice. If she ever gets her confidence/consistency to the point where she's comfortable enough to do it in competition, I'd say that's worth a +3 easy.

ks777

Record Breaker
she did try the tano lutz in competitions a few years ago, unfortunately she wasn't consistent with it so stopped attempting it.

aromaticchicken

On the Ice
hah I believe she sparked some ire earlier this year because she was telling reporters she wanted to call it a "Gold Lutz".... According to Ashley Wagner, Adam Rippon was not amused by this :laugh:

Imagine

Medalist
She has beautiful jumps....so beautiful. If only she could hold it together in competition.

starlight97

Final Flight
It's been known for a while that she can do that but that's the first time I've seen it on video :thumbsup:

If she only could land the "regular" jumps in competition, so she feels calm and secure, it would be amazing to see her go for that beauty!

Ginask8s

On the Ice
Her jumps never look like that in competition. If they did she would win EVERYTHING. Adrenalin does not seem to be her friend. Must be frustrating.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She suffers from what Alissa,Jeremy and Mirai suffer from. Nerves and not having enough grit and killer instinct to get her through her programs cleanly. It's too bad if she finally got her **** together she could easily win Worlds this year with the competition as it is.

Last edited:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie has enough trouble landing her jumps as it is so no i don't want to see her trying something like this again. Seems like she was trying the Rippon lutz back in 2012 but it wasn't working out so she dropped it.

Last edited:

Amei

Record Breaker
Gracie has enough trouble landing her jumps as it is so no i don't want to see her trying something like this again. Seems like she was trying the Rippon lutz back in 2013 but it wasn't working out so she dropped it.

Agree! If she gets her jumps more consistent in competition - I'd be all for it, but her jumps aren't consistent

Shani

On the Ice
Gracies most successful moments are fighting for a number 1 position as Junior National Champ, No 1 at Seniors, Olympic spot and 4th, Worlds twice. It is not her jumps but headgame. She is immensely talented and has lots of time. As to this point for a kid who didn't succeed until 3 years ago on any national or international scene she is doing just fine.