Lifetime Performances this season | Golden Skate

Lifetime Performances this season

icenut84

Final Flight
A lot of skaters have one definable performance that is considered the performance of their life, or at least one of them (if they've had more than one that could be considered that). How many have there been from this season? (I only saw Euros and Worlds, so I don't know if there were any from other competitions.)

Sasha Cohen - Worlds SP

Kevin van der Perren - Worlds LP

Stephane Lambiel - Worlds LP (he should have been 2nd in the LP, not 4th!! Very undermarked.)

Shizuka Arakawa - Worlds LP

Brian Joubert - Euros LP (?)

Viktoria Pavuk - Euros SP & LP

Any others?

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Johnny Weir - Nationals & 04 Worlds LP

Sasha C. - 04 Worlds LP (magnificent )

Michelle K. - 04 Nationals LP (magnificent )

Kevin van der Perren - 04 Skate Canada

Emmanuel - 04 Grand Prix (one of his better skates)

That's all I can think of right now.

Dee

Kateri

On the Ice
hmmm... not sure about Sasha's worlds LP, though I'd agre with the SP.

Would add Julia Sebestyen at Euros '04.

k

Last edited:

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Good topic. Now let me see if I can remember this past season, I haven't watched all of it yet though, its all on tape though! LOL :laugh:

Kevin Van Der Cutie: Skate Canada 2004 LP

Michelle Kwan: US Nats 2004 LP

Sasha Cohen: US Nats 2004 SP

Shizuka Awakawa: Worlds 2004 LP

Anabelle Langlois & Patrice Archetto: GPF 2003-04 SP :D

Ryan Jahnke: US Nats 2004 LP and 4CC 2004 LP :love:

Johnny Weir: US Nats 2004 SP and LP :D

Shen and Zhao: Worlds 2004 LP

And I just have to add one random Pro program because it was awesome this year....

*Jamie & David: World Team Challenge Artistic program "Who Wants to Live Forever" :D

SusanBeth

Final Flight
Sasha's short at Worlds and maybe her long at Marshalls [I can't wait to see it]

Weir's LP at both Nationals and Worlds He definitely caused a stir with 2 high quality performances when the pressure was on. It was a great comeback.

Michelle's final step sequence at Nationals will be remembered.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Cohen: Worlds quali and Worlds and Nationals SP

Lambiel: Worlds quali

Plushenko: Worlds quali -- the best performance of St. Petersburg 300 that I've seen.

Arakawa: Worlds quali and LP

Kostner: Worlds SP

Sebestyen: Worlds and Euros SP

Petrova/Tikhonov: Euros SP (not too shabby at Worlds, either)

Shen/Zhao: GPF LP

Belbin/Agosto: Worlds FD

Weir: Worlds quali and LP, Nationals LP

Joubert: Euros LP

Lindemann: Worlds quali and SP

Poykio: Euros quali and LP

Kirk: Skate America LP

Delobel/Schoenfelder: Skate America OD, Worlds CD

Denkova/Staviyski: Worlds CD and FD

Berntsson: Euros SP

floskate

On the Ice
Johnny Weir sp and lp at Nats and Worlds
MK Nats LP
Shen & Zhao CoR, GPF, Worlds LP, Worlds ex (can you tell I like them?)
Pavuk Euro's sp and lp
Arakawa Worlds LP
Cohen Marshalls

Kateri

On the Ice
Ptichka said:

Shen & Zhao - Worlds FS

Do you think it was their career best? Even with the error on the lift dismount at the end?

I preferred their '03 Worlds Turandot performance, myself. Haven't watched it in a while, but it's been known to make me cry at the end (tho there's a possible argument that I was premenstrual at the time!! :D )

But then, was their '04 programme more technically difficult than '03? I can't remember!

kat.

Ximena

Final Flight
Lifetime performance of this season..hmmm

S&Z Cup of China, they were brilliant there (if that is the performance I have in my head) plus the huge banner made by COC organizers was too good!! :p

Plushenko Russian Nationals SP & FP, if you manage to see that, it was soo good!!

KVP Worlds 04

Jahnke 04 Nats

Michelle Nationals FS 04

hockeyfan, you are so lucky to have seen quali, sometimes they turned out better than the performances on the TV

I have more in my head but I just was cleaning my files and I was re-watching this videos

soogar

Record Breaker
Tot and Marinin in pairs SP and LP: It was their absolute best
Shizuka Arakawa: I hope she hasn't peaked but I think she did this year.
Fumie's win at Grand Prix.
Stefan Lindeman's World performances: Best he's ever skated and in front of the home crowd. This is a career high for him.

sarahmistral

On the Ice
Kateri said:
Do you think it was their career best? Even with the error on the lift dismount at the end?

I preferred their '03 Worlds Turandot performance, myself. Haven't watched it in a while, but it's been known to make me cry at the end (tho there's a possible argument that I was premenstrual at the time!! :D )

kat.

:laugh: Laugh my A@@ off, Kateri!!!! :D Actually, and you should take a note of this as well, floskate, their Cup of China performance was flawless, and in front of a home crowd, which never fails to activate my tear ducts, particularly when I'm premenstrual:p You can download it at

www.cruelladekwan.com

Click on "Other Skaters"..and you can only view this WMV file on DIVX, which she has a link to on one of the Michelle video pages sorted by year (I think it's 2003)--download DIVX for free there.

Enjoy!
Sarah

SusanBeth

Final Flight
I left off-

The Kerrs- FD at Euros I enjoyed it very much and I'm generally not much of a Dance fan. It was definitely a career starter.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Dee4707 said:
Sasha C. - 04 Worlds SP (magnificent )

Glad you caught my mistake. Making mistakes when trying to do quickly. LP--------noo-o-o-o-o-o-o!!

Dee

RIskatingfan

On the Ice
Arakawa's Turandot LP at Worlds
Cohen's SP at Worlds
Kevin VDP's Robin Hood LP at Worlds
Lambiel's Gypsy Dance LP at Worlds
Lindemann at Worlds
Weir at Worlds
Berntsson's SP at Euros
Dinev's LP Kismet at Worlds
P/T Circus Princess LP at Euros
Klimkin's Swan Lake SP at Euros
Kerrs Matrix FD at Euros
Joubert's Matrix FD at Euros

Kateri

On the Ice
sarahmistral said:
:laugh: Laugh my A@@ off, Kateri!!!! :D Actually, and you should take a note of this as well, floskate, their Cup of China performance was flawless, and in front of a home crowd, which never fails to activate my tear ducts, particularly when I'm premenstrual:p You can download it at

www.cruelladekwan.com

Click on "Other Skaters"..and you can only view this WMV file on DIVX, which she has a link to on one of the Michelle video pages sorted by year (I think it's 2003)--download DIVX for free there.

Enjoy!
Sarah

w00t! thankyou!! shall download both, and compare their relative tearjerking factors at a median point in the menstrual cycle!

k

Lynn226

On the Ice
Emanuel Sandhu - GPF may have been the title of a lifetime, but his best performance of the season came a few weeks later at Nats. His LP was wonderful - only one small mistake on the 2nd 3A - but IMHO it didn't detract from the program.

Julia Sebestyen - Euros. I just enjoyed seeing her win. I can't really remember if it was her best.

Sasha Cohen - Worlds SP

Kevin VDP - Skate Canada '03. I talked to him after the SP there and he seemed so down on himself, so I was so glad to see him skate well in the long. Others have mentioned Worlds, but I didn't see it.

Johnny Weir - Nats '04 SP and LP.

icenut84

Final Flight
Lynn226 said:
Kevin VDP - Skate Canada '03. I talked to him after the SP there and he seemed so down on himself, so I was so glad to see him skate well in the long. Others have mentioned Worlds, but I didn't see it.

His Worlds LP was fantastic! :) He landed a clean 3axel, 3salchow-3loop-3toe, 3flip-3toe, and 3lutz, plus two (?) 2axels. At the end of the programme, he could barely contain himself to get into his ending pose, and immediately dropped down to a crouch with his head in his arms, he was so overcome! Wonderful reaction, it was so sweet to see, and he'd skated so well. I couldn't believe it when he landed the 3axel, with all the problems he's had with that jump, and from then on he was just flying. The Eurosport commentator Chris said "That was without any doubt the performance of his life". :D (I didn't see him at Skate Canada though, so I can't compare). He was fabulous at Worlds though.

millyskate

Rinkside
Joubert's SP at euros was better than his LP. A pity people in the US didn't see it. (or did you?)