Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
2015 Canadian Tire National Skating Championships
January 19 - 25
Competition Schedule as of December 23, 2014. Subject to change

CTV/TSN BROADCAST SCHEDULE
Subject to change, please check your local listings for the CTV schedule. Times are listed in EST

Friday, January 23

TSN 15:00-17:00 – LADIES & MENS SHORT PROGRAM
RDS 15:00-17:00

TSN 19:30-22:00 – ICE DANCE & PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM
RDS2 19:30-22:00

Saturday, January 24

TSN 14:30-17:00 – LADIES & MENS FREE PROGRAM
RDS 16:00-18:00

CTV 19:00-21:30 – PAIRS & ICE DANCE FREE PROGRAM
RDS2 19:00-21:30

gottadance

On the Ice
I am a Canadian living in California and last year I couldn't get any of the Canadian Championships because of geo-blocking. Does anybody know how I could watch it this year ! Help!!!!!!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Skate Canada's Dailymotion page says there will be "Live streaming of the 2015 Canadian Tire National Skating Championships, Jan. 19-25, 2015 in Kingston, Ont. (Novice, Junior and select Senior events)."

Wonder what the "select senior events" will include?

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Skate Canada's Dailymotion page says there will be "Live streaming of the 2015 Canadian Tire National Skating Championships, Jan. 19-25, 2015 in Kingston, Ont. (Novice, Junior and select Senior events)."

Maybe the ones that are not "big" or towards the top.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I'd be interested in tracking down some streams of Canadian Nationals, too.

Although, not as interested as I would normally be this year, with so many of my favorite Canadian's out of competition right now: Kaetlyn Osmond, Patrick Chan, Virtue/Moir...

And sandwiched in-between U.S. Nationals and Europeans, there are only so many hours in each day.

I could add CTV to my cable package, but I don't think it's worth it for such limited coverage. Maybe there's a TSN stream out there somewhere.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

My guess is that "select Senior events" means the the Senior groups that TSN/CTV will not be broadcasting.

My knowledge of the competition schedule is not up to date, but as of a while ago, the following groups were scheduled to be skating as the TSN broadcasts will be airing:
Friday -- Groups 2 and 3 of the Men's SP; partial Group 2 and entire Group 3 of the SD; both groups of the Pairs SP
Saturday -- final group of the Ladies FS; final group of the Men's FS; both groups of the Pairs FS; and final group of the FD.​

Again, I have no idea whether/how the competition schedule has changed.

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I guess those of us without TSN will miss the ladies' and mens' free. :disapp:

I'm going to be one of those. :( I wonder if we can buy TSN for American TV....but then again, I'll be out of the house during the men's and ladies' free skate cause I have to cheer at a double header basketball game.

Wait, they're streaming the men's and ladies SP?

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Skate Canada's strong implication (IMO) at the link below is that live streaming will be wall to wall, except during the TSN/CTV broadcasts.

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
January 19 - 25
Competition Schedule as of December 23, 2014. Subject to change

CTV/TSN BROADCAST SCHEDULE
Subject to change, please check your local listings for the CTV schedule. Times are listed in EST

Friday, January 23

TSN 15:00-17:00 – LADIES & MENS SHORT PROGRAM
RDS 15:00-17:00

TSN 19:30-22:00 – ICE DANCE & PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM
RDS2 19:30-22:00

Saturday, January 24

TSN 14:30-17:00 – LADIES & MENS FREE PROGRAM
RDS 16:00-18:00

CTV 19:00-21:30 – PAIRS & ICE DANCE FREE PROGRAM
RDS2 19:00-21:30

Saturday, January 31
TSN2 12:00-13:30 PM Gala

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I watched the Jr. men's on the live stream when I got home from work. I only saw the last 3 or 4 skaters, but was very impressed with their skating. They were all from Quebec! I am not sure I am a fan of this "live stream" business, but it is better than not seeing it at all. well done Quebec!

gottadance

On the Ice
Saturday, January 31
TSN2 12:00-13:30 PM Gala

clearly the TSN broadcast of the Mens and Ladies short programs isn't live so I am wondering if the live stream ( Daily Motion) will show those events live or not? It seem rather unclear from the Skate Canada web site !??

CdnSk8Fan

Rinkside
If TSN has the broadcast rights, the live stream will NOT show those events -similar to how it happened in the past with SkateBuzz and the Skate Canada Live Stream pass (the last 2 yrs).

katia

On the Ice
anybody knows how to watch tomorrow ctv on line (link, if possible)?
It seems that pairs and dance will be on ctv not on tsn (like today)

Last edited: