2024 Europeans: Pre-Game Chat | Golden Skate

2024 Europeans: Pre-Game Chat

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2024 European Figure Skating Championships will kick off on Jan 10 with the Pairs' and Men's SP!

Schedule | All times (EET; UTC+02:00)

Jan 10:
Pairs' Short 13:00-15:56
Men's Short 17:15-21:49
Jan 11:
Women's Short 13:15-17:55
Pairs' Free 19:00-21:50
Jan 12:
Rhythm Dance 12:00-16:57
Men's Free 18:00-21:52
Jan 13:
Women's Free 13:00-16:52
Free Dance 18:30-21:50
Jan 14:
Exhibition 15:30-18:00

Post your thoughts, photos, tidbits, and news here!

icewhite

Record Breaker
I guess I'm fearing this competition as much as I'm looking forward to it. Can't really get too excited about this this year.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kevin Aymoz? What's going on with him? Is he sick or injured?
Not as far as I know, but he had a really bad performance during the free skate at French Nationals and apparently said some negative things about himself and his career in the kiss and cry. I hope he's in a better state of mind coming into Europeans.

niks

On the Ice
I just had a quick look at the entries list and must admit I don't know half the names there 😶 Maybe because I've followed the GP season only very loosely as I didn't find much of what I saw very compelling, aside from Men. So, can't really say I'm particularly excited about this tournament, but I'll try and catch it if possible.

That being said, I do have one emotional investment in these upcoming Euros, and that is Kevin :giggle: Especially after all his anguish at French Nats, I'm rooting for him to leave all that behind and bounce back stronger. Good vibes to him to have amazing fullfilling skates and shine again with his unique program! And above all, to come out of the competition full of energy, happinness and positive feelings. Go Kevin!! :cheer::cheer2:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I am looking forward to all three Italian pairs, also to Daria Danilova/Michel Tsiba (I am Dutch after all), the German pairs but I tend to enjoy pairs always, in men Kevin, Adam (the French one), Vasiljevs and Rizzo but also some of the 'lesser' Gods like Nikita Starostin, the other two Italian guys one of which regrettably really bombs sometimes (but I still want to see), Ivan Schmuratko who always knows how to move the audience, Adam Hagara who is on the rise, in Ice Dance there are many I wish to see, the three (!) British couples, Charlene and Marco, both Finnish couples, Hanna and Alessio (here comes the Dutch thing again), Mila Ruud Reitan and Nikolaj , and a couple of others. The only discipline that doesn't get me excited are the women, but that's nothing new in my case. I do hope both Loena and Nina do well, and I'll watch their skates.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Europeans is and always has been my favourite competition of the season and I'm looking forward to it, especially to the men. The line-up is brilliant, the only guys I'll be missing are Kyrylo and Arlet. Schedule is excellent for me as well, I'll be able to watch all the Free Skates and at least the later groups of the men's SP.
I hope everyone will be able to perform at their best, I really need a wholesome competition now.

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I'm really looking forward to being at Europeans (for the first time). The skate I'm most looking forward to is Kevin's Bolero - but I'm also looking forward to seeing David Lewton-Brain and Jari Kessler in person - both of these skaters have a really beautiful skating style, and we don't get to see them at most of the bigger events.

I'm also excited to be able to cheer on both British pairs teams!

Weathergal

Medalist
I'm really looking forward to being at Europeans (for the first time). The skate I'm most looking forward to is Kevin's Bolero - but I'm also looking forward to seeing David Lewton-Brain and Jari Kessler in person - both of these skaters have a really beautiful skating style, and we don't get to see them at most of the bigger events.

I'm also excited to be able to cheer on both British pairs teams!
Jari Kessler has great style -- I love to watch him skate! So many skaters to look forward to at these Europeans!

Andrea82

Medalist
Countries drawn in October for the panels of judges.

Men
Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Israel, Latvia, Poland, Switzerland, Slovakia, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine

Women
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Great Britain, Georgia, Greece, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Ukraine

Pairs
Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Spain, France, Great Britain, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden, Ukraine

Dance
Czech Republic, Finland, France, Great Britain, Georgia, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Poland, Switzerland ,Slovakia, Ukraine

45 minutes before the Shorts, 9 out of 13 will be drawn to seat on the panel for that segment. The other 4 will serve in the Free. 45 minutes before the Free Skating, 5 out of the 9 who judged the Short will be drawn to complete the panel.