Anna Yanovskaya & Sergey Mozgov | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Anna Yanovskaya & Sergey Mozgov

Marta25

Medalist
I`m not quiet sure what kind of success he is expecting to achieve with Popova if he was already unhappy with what he achieved with Anna. Who knows, maybe what he needs is to fall down to become more humble.

katha

On the Ice
Thing is this: Is it right to say that at this point he's developed this behaviour as some sort of "business model"? He's changed partners a lot even though he's still so young. And as other posters said, if I were Popova I'd be constantly looking over my shoulder now since he sounds as if he mostly paired up with her because she was available... Also not cool to throw Yanovskaya under the bus like that.

Of course skating is a business as well and changing partners happens in most careers for whatever reason, but he's developed a pattern that IMO seems impatient and as if he immediately gives up and looks for a new partner at the first sign of struggle. But no ice dance careers that I can think of have been without blowbacks and problems, so will he continue with that? Things aren't perfect, ditch partner and find new one?

Spiral

Final Flight
I wonder who Sergey is going to skate with. Have I understood correctly that lack of Popova's name on the transfers list means she's changed her mind about changing coaches and partners?

The Finn

Record Breaker

Pracygr

On the Ice
I wonder who Sergey is going to skate with. Have I understood correctly that lack of Popova's name on the transfers list means she's changed her mind about changing coaches and partners?
Not necessarily. Kovtun wasn't on the list either and he is training with Goncharenko. I believe the main function of that list is not literally giving permission to train with a coach, but rather official recognition of that fact, so that when an athlete wins something the right coach gets the credit. And, as that list also mentions, for a period of time the previous coach gets the same credit as well. I wouldn't be expecting a dance pair to win much of anything in their first year, so it might be completely irrelevant in this case.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Oh my God, I've seen this Gurianov a couple of times a couple of years ago. He is the most awkward ice dancer I've ever seen in my entire life! Poor Anna! :palmf:

I'm so hoping Zhuk will do something with that guy, because the difference in their basic skills is so glaring that it's not even funny. And he's tall as hell, I think he's much taller than 190 cm.

Marta25

Medalist
Oh my God, I've seen this Gurianov a couple of times a couple of years ago. He is the most awkward ice dancer I've ever seen in my entire life! Poor Anna! :palmf:

I'm so hoping Zhuk will do something with that guy, because the difference in their basic skills is so glaring that it's not even funny. And he's tall as hell, I think he's much taller than 190 cm.

At least he is tall enough to lift her. It wouldn`t be fair to judge him based on vids back from 2011. From the interview it sounded like their coaches don`t have any intention to rush them into competitions, so hopefully they will be able to get him near to her level. There is no need for them to rush anything, 2018 is out of question, since the Olympic team will probably consist of any of B/S, I/Z,S/K or S/B. Their goal is probably 2022. So good luck to them. :)

The Finn

Record Breaker

Based on some of Betina's latest Insta posting Betina & Sergey are a team now.