Anna Yanovskaya & Sergey Mozgov | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Anna Yanovskaya & Sergey Mozgov

uhh

Medalist
You might want to give some receipts instead of doing this "I know things~" game.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
You might want to give some receipts instead of doing this "I know things~" game.

I don't have them. I hope Kustarova Team will speak up in the near future. I'm just asking you not to judge this yet.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Well, this is very disappointing and bizarre. I wish all the best to Anna in finding a good partner.

turgon97

On the Ice
But isn't popova too big as a dancer? I'm not talking about height.

Youre too funny :slink::shocked::noshake::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: I think with enough motivation, she could work off that "bigness" issue.

I dont think she's big. Maybe it's her face that make's her look big and sloppy? She definitely is expressive and plenty flexible though.

tvuckic16

Final Flight
Youre too funny :slink::shocked::noshake::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: I think with enough motivation, she could work off that "bigness" issue.

I dont think she's big. Maybe it's her face that make's her look big and sloppy? She definitely is expressive and plenty flexible though.

Well, it is not funny, but I must laugh... The Russian Fed continues to screw things up... well done...LOL

At this rate, they might literally just quit the field of Ice Dance... Let's see, who do they have, IZ and SK (ok, ummm, both need a lot of work), SB (whatever), MK (are they still skating?), YM (just broke up)... oh my favorite... BS (drugs...)

LOL LOL

P.S: Sorry, I thought I was commenting on the State of Russian Ice Dance Thread, but my comments still stand, having YM split is idiocy

Last edited:

turgon97

On the Ice
Well, it is not funny, but I must laugh... The Russian Fed continues to screw things up... well done...LOL

At this rate, they might literally just quit the field of Ice Dance... Let's see, who do they have, IZ and SK (ok, ummm, both need a lot of work), SB (whatever), MK (are they still skating?), YM (just broke up)... oh my favorite... BS (drugs...)

LOL LOL

P.S: Sorry, I thought I was commenting on the State of Russian Ice Dance Thread, but my comments still stand, having YM split is idiocy

It's definitely not funny, but you having the guts to call Betina big is :D :D :D :D :D. I think Russia is getting America-like in regards to all the partner splits. Maybe the concept "freedom" is getting into the heads of these young skaters?

From what Ive read, Monko's injury is career-threatening. Kirill is being encouraged to try out with other ladies, so if that is true, I dont see the harm in Anna trying out with him. Male partners are hard enough to find, and Anna's height further limits the guys she can try out with. Monko is of similar height to Anna, so a partnership with Kirill works... on paper at least.

tvuckic16

Final Flight
It's definitely not funny, but you having the guts to call Betina big is :D :D :D :D :D. I think Russia is getting America-like in regards to all the partner splits. Maybe the concept "freedom" is getting into the heads of these young skaters?

From what Ive read, Monko's injury is career-threatening. Kirill is being encouraged to try out with other ladies, so if that is true, I dont see the harm in Anna trying out with him. Male partners are hard enough to find, and Anna's height further limits the guys she can try out with. Monko is of similar height to Anna, so a partnership with Kirill works... on paper at least.

Betina?? I didn't mention Betina. Is she now skating with Mozgov? So, Russia will have PM? LOL LOL LOL

I don't know that Russia is copying anything USA, I mean, DW are a classic case of pair longevity... Shibs too for that matter. I suppose it depends who splits...

IK splitting was idiocy, but I guess they hated each other, so maybe best. And I think YM splitting is also idiocy.

Also, someone told me that apparently Bobrova got cleared, so I guess, BS are back in play... phew... sigh of relief for Russia.

Oh, so Anna and Kirill... well, I will reserve judgement till I see them... if they become a team.

adelia

Record Breaker
There was talk of Mozgov being sighted at another rink in Jan and then last Nov I don't think he was at her birthday party like he was every year before. So probably this has been brewing for some time.

Tanka

On the Ice
Mozgov's point of view: http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta..._soshlis_A_v_sporte_kazhdyj_rabotajet_na_seba

- Junior skating is over, adult skating is quite another thing.
- Neither he nor the coaches liked Anna's attitude to working process.
- There are other points he doesn't want to speak about.
- Anna's trauma wasn't the reason.
- The decision was made by him and the coaches together.
- There are no worthy partners except Popova in Russia.
- No representative of the Federation had spoken to him on the split.

:dumb:

bramweld

Record Breaker
Mozgov's point of view: http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta..._soshlis_A_v_sporte_kazhdyj_rabotajet_na_seba

- Junior skating is over, adult skating is quite another thing.
- Neither he nor the coaches liked Anna's attitude to working process.
- There are other points he doesn't want to speak about.
- Anna's trauma wasn't the reason.
- The decision was made by him and the coaches together.
- There are no worthy partners except Popova in Russia.
- No representative of the Federation had spoken to him on the split.

:dumb:

So Mosgov is effectively saying he played no significant part in them not reaching their joint goals. One injury plagued season as seniors was more than enough to make that judgement. (Now Lena's IG message to Anna makes a whole lot of sense). The great pair that emerged was S/K. Somehow he and Popova have a greater future than he and Anna could ever have had? And they're staying with Kustarova? Please, please my poor little heart really just can't deal with all this :sad21:. Russian ID will no go anywhere if these men are so impatient with their partners. Don't they understand that? :rolleye: The world of ice dance looks on and laughs heartily. Thank you, Sergei Mosgov. Thank you.

Last edited:

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
So Mosgov is effectively saying he played no significant part in them not reaching their joint goals. One injury plagued season as seniors was more than enough to make that judgement. (Now Lena's IG message to Anna makes a whole lot of sense). The great pair that emerged was S/K. Somehow he and Popova have a greater future than he and Anna could ever have had? And they're staying with Kustarova? Please, please my poor little heart really just can't deal with all this :sad21:. Russian ID will no go anywhere if these men are so impatient with their partners. Don't they understand that? :rolleye: The world of ice dance looks on and laughs heartily. Thank you, Sergei Mosgov. Thank you.
You probably can't imagine the perfect storm it steered over at Russian forum. I just had glimpse in there an hour ago, I browsed briefly through ten pages without reading much into it. Russian soap opera, emotional roller coaster. I bet they are doing it on purpose: just to torture us, poor FS lovers.. :sad21:

bramweld

Record Breaker
You probably can't imagine the perfect storm it steered over at Russian forum. I just had glimpse in there an hour ago, I browsed briefly through ten pages without reading much into it. Russian soap opera, emotional roller coaster. I bet they are doing it on purpose: just to torture us, poor FS lovers.. :sad21:

Have they all just gone and lost all common decency. I mean, I mean. How do you say stuff like this about a person who looked up to you, worked with you for five seasons, supported you through injury and just recently won world juniors with? I am just amazed.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Damn. Mozgov decided not to speak about the 'other reasons' in his interview. :rolleye:

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Have they all just gone and lost all common decency. I mean, I mean. How do you say stuff like this about a person who looked up to you, worked with you for five seasons, supported you through injury and just recently won world juniors with? I am just amazed.
They call him bezMozgov over at Russian FS board. It literally means: brainless ("Mozgov" means brains). :rofl:

Marta25

Medalist
I don`t know if the tone of that interview in Russian seemed different, but to me it sounded like he took Popova, because she happened to be free. I can imagine that if anyone better comes along he will dump Popova again. Also, I`m not sure with the kind of weaknesses she has, that Kustarova is their best choice. Sigh, Y/M could have been so great. I just hope Anna manages to find a new partner.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I will say at least he was extremely honest. He's out only for himself, and that's that, and he admits it freely and seems to think it's a good thing. I'd even admit that to a certain extent the philosophy has merit, but I think he doesn't fully understand the importance of finding a partner you can be all in with TOGETHER in a sport like this. He seems to think he's just fabulous and he just needs to keep upgrading partners to get the success he thinks he deserves (never mind that this was a downgrade in many ways, evidently something he doesn't realize). Put differently, while he's right that in sport (and frankly also in most areas of life, sorry to say) you have to be selfish if you want to succeed at the highest level, at a certain point if you want success in ice dance you eventually have to manage to be selfish with your partner not just selfish alone.

uhh

Medalist
Absolutely. It's a different kind of selfish - the kind that says I've done a lot with these coaches & they are like family, but I know I need to try working with someone else to move on to another level. Not the kind of selfish that says my partner has suggested we try something else and I don't like it so I'm ditching her for someone else.

It's pretty rich that he says Anna has work ethic issues when a few months ago he would call her a workaholic in their interviews. Keep your story straight to make any of this believable...