Same gender pairs/ice dance in your dreams | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Same gender pairs/ice dance in your dreams

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Wow finally Josh can have some breath!!! :yay:
Ans seriously Josh/Poje might look too gorgeous for our eyes.:biggrin:

Josh + Andrew would definetely have to count as cheating because of too much attractiveness all at once. I'm not sure that female or gay male judges could still be allowed to judge this then :drama:

OTOH, W/P had a Tango program last season, and Josh had a Tango SP, so we already know what they could be skating to together :love:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
IMO, There is no reason that, as in tennis, you couldn't have both mixed doubles and same sex doubles in regular ISU competition, and it would solve the problem of wonderful lady pair skaters but not enough male partners

Same sex pairs and dance already exist. They are events in The Gay Games.

Same Sex Ice Dance 2010 men
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rtKURZdwBqw

Same SexPairs 2010 (ladies) ex
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=iL5llzNkuRo

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Same sex pairs and dance already exist. They are events in The Gay Games.

Same Sex Ice Dance 2010 men
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rtKURZdwBqw

Same SexPairs 2010 (ladies) ex
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=iL5llzNkuRo

But there is no reason that, like tennis, you can't have both mixed doubles and same sex doubles.

I just wish they were better at it. Since it is a new category(?), the level will go up in the next few years. It could be a very interesting category.
There are lots of same sex competitive ballroom dancing couples (mostly girls) that do very well and win competitions. -At least there are in Japan.

Especially in Ice Dance, there isn't any reason why a same sex pair shouldn't be allowed to compete in the same category as all other pairs.

Last edited:

ioanna

Record Breaker
Just in your dreams because we know it might be extremely difficult or nearly impossible for any female/female to do a triple twist.:drama:
With pairs we can choose based on reasonable height difference. For example several male/male pairs that I find possible maybe:

Maxim Trankov (1.87m)/ Tatsuki Machida (1.62m)
I would suggest Stephane Lambiel instead of Maxim Trankov. He is 1.75 m but I'm sure he can manage. :)

Meoima

Match Penalty
I would suggest Stephane Lambiel instead of Maxim Trankov. He is 1.75 m but I'm sure he can manage. :)
It might be hard for Lambiel to throw Tatsuki for a 3 twist IMO. But a throw 3A/quad might be possible. :yes:

Last edited:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, so long as we're in a fantasy world...

Max Aaron and Elvis Stojko.

The dynamic duo of smash-mouth skating. Either could probably lift the other (assuming Elvis was in his athletic prime), the SBS jumps would be spectacular.

I'd pay good money to see it.

noidont

Final Flight
An Ilinykh/Sotnikova dance team would be amazing.
And Trankov/Katsalapov. Now we are talking about a real rivalry.
Amodio would make a very popular male pairs partner and Meite a popular female pairs partner...It's uncertain if Amodio/Joubert can beat Proklova/Meite.
But seriously the thought of it drives me a bit crazy.

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
Amodio would make a very popular male pairs partner and Meite a popular female pairs partner...It's uncertain if Amodio/Joubert can beat Proklova/Meite.

Talk about DIVANESS!

LisaM

Medalist

Omg I love all these pairings!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
There are already same-sex acrobatic pairs on ice, so I don't understand what would be so horrible about having them in competition. Not that it would ever happen in our lifetimes, as the ISU is still stuck in the 1950s in regard to gender roles anyway.

Ksenia Stolbova and Yuko Kavaguti is a pair I'd like to see. :)

kinoriH

Final Flight
There are already same-sex acrobatic pairs on ice, so I don't understand what would be so horrible about having them in competition. Not that it would ever happen in our lifetimes, as the ISU is still stuck in the 1950s in regard to gender roles anyway.

lol Ksenia can accidently break Yuko if she only touched her.
Stolbova needs to skate with Volosozhar since she's the female version of Trankov as I see it. :biggrin:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
My first instinct: Ksenia's going to eat Yuko for breakfast. :hopelessness:
Second thought: But Yuko is much tougher than she looks. She and Alexander have been doing throw quads long before they were cool, and at 33 she's still landing them!

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
My first instinct: Ksenia's going to eat Yuko for breakfast. :hopelessness:
Second thought: But Yuko is much tougher than she looks. She and Alexander have been doing throw quads long before they were cool, and at 33 she's still landing them!

Let's think of when she put her dislocated shoulder back in place and kept on skating!