2015-16 Russian Test skates | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015-16 Russian Test skates

FSGMT

Record Breaker

kinoriH

Final Flight
I clearly remember watching some of the senior programs already in middle August in past years... Have things changed?

Nina Mozer's group are going to debut their programs next week, August 12th, during an open training session.

I don't know about any other teams/singles.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Oh,bthank you both, I remember her now! Very promising young girl, hope she has a good international debut! She and Tsurkaya will probably be Russia's best chances after Sotskova/Sakhanovich/Proklova go Senior

Is anyone else concerned about Tsurskaya's height? She was 163 cm this past spring, which is quite tall for a 13 year old girl who hasn't hit puberty yet. Even most of the tall ladies skaters were quite petite at that age, they just continued to grow well into there teens. Unless Tsurskaya is going through her growthspurt early and will finish growing at a younger age than most of her competitors, she's going to wind up being very tall indeed.

hanca

Record Breaker
Is anyone else concerned about Tsurskaya's height? She was 163 cm this past spring, which is quite tall for a 13 year old girl who hasn't hit puberty yet. Even most of the tall ladies skaters were quite petite at that age, they just continued to grow well into there teens. Unless Tsurskaya is going through her growthspurt early and will finish growing at a younger age than most of her competitors, she's going to wind up being very tall indeed.
No, I am not concerned. There are skaters who landed their jumps even though they were on the taller side. Lysacek was quite tall if I recall correctly. It may make it harder but it can be done.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
From today's FP test skates (Mihsersh)

Polina Tsurskaya clean. She left last year's "Chess".
Fedichkina for the most part clean she had a pop.
All the others, except Karavaeva, not without falling.

He posted some pics from today http://instagram.com/mihail_sharov

Last edited:

NaVi

Medalist
A few comments on the costuming I've seen thus far...

Tsurskaya and Fedichkina are fine and an improvement over last year...
Mitrofonova's will get the job done but look's a a little cheap(though maybe a bit better than last year for the LP)...
Mikhaylova's is a huge let down... I was most excited to see what she would wear as she was so stylish last year and this year's costuming just leaves me confused.
Solovieva's SP costume doesn't look good to me and a big step down from last year. There's way too much flesh color. Her arm movements have been Radionova-ish and last year's costume(one white arm, one black arm) and program(Black Swan) made that an advantage. I think her team made a mistake of changing if SP instead of her LP for the season.

A pop is worse than a rotated fall.. and Fedichkina sadly has a habit of popping jumps. I'd rather hear news of her falling than popping

mrrice

Record Breaker
No, I am not concerned. There are skaters who landed their jumps even though they were on the taller side. Lysacek was quite tall if I recall correctly. It may make it harder but it can be done.

Yeah, and Polina's an amazon. She'll be fine. Who's that guy from Colorado who does the back flips? I'll have to look him up. Ryan Bradley, that's his name. He was tall.

Alba

Record Breaker
From today's FP test skates (Mihsersh)

Polina Tsurskaya clean. She left last year's "Chess".

He posted some pics from today http://instagram.com/mihail_sharov

Thank you. :)
I love these two pictures of Sima. :love:
https://instagram.com/p/6FBrV3x9aP/?taken-by=mihail_sharov
https://instagram.com/p/6GM52kR9az/?taken-by=mihail_sharov

I think this must be from her LP. I can't wait to see that program. I don't care much about her SP music but It's good that she's doing a totally different thing, the opposite in fact, compared to the LP.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Yeah, and Polina's an amazon. She'll be fine. Who's that guy from Colorado who does the back flips? I'll have to look him up. Ryan Bradley, that's his name. He was tall.

Hopefully you are right. Tsurskaya skates fast and has big jumps too, so she at least has the facility to keep her jumps as she grows up, her skating is similar to Kostner in that respect.

oleada

Record Breaker
GUmmenik is just awesome. Such great musicality, natural elegance and presentation! Once he gets the 3A ...watch out!! So excited to see him debut.

Mikhailova was a pleasant surprise. I don't think I'd seen her skate before. Very nice skating, and solid jumps. She seems ready for her JGP event.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can someone tell me the schedule for senior test skates?

chameleon

On the Ice
I thought I'd bump this since the Russian National Team is currently in Sochi for their training camp. The SP/SD will be at 3 PM on September 12, and the FS/FD at 2 PM on September 13.
Here are the practice groups:
MEN

Group 1: Kovtun, Gachinski, Menshov
Group 2: Voronov, Pitkeev, Kvitelashvili, Petrov

LADIES

Group 1: Sotnikova, Radionova, Pogorilaya
Group 2: Tuktamysheva, Lipnitskaya, Medvedeva, Leonova

PAIRS

Group 1: Volosohzar/Trankov, Kavaguti/Smirnov, Tarasova/Morozov
Group 2: Astakhova/Rogonov, Stolbova/Klimov, Bazarova/Deputat

DANCE

Group 1: Bobrova/Soloviev, Monko/Khaliavin
Group 2: Ilinykh/Zhiganshin, Yanovskaya/Mozgov
Group 3: Stepanova/Bukin, Sinitsina/Katsalapov

LRK

Record Breaker
Thank you! Reading all the names makes it feel more real - can't wait.:)

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
According to some fans in Sochi Zoueva didn't come to the test skates with S/K. I wonder if she'll come later.