2015-2016 Men's Power Rankings | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2015-2016 Men's Power Rankings

asabarin

Spectator
Javi has never cleaned his two programs. He is consistent, with several mistakes in his two programs, especially FP.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
heading to Worlds ranking in my opinion looks like

1. Hanyu

2/3 Fernandez/Chan - depends what's gonna happen, judges are willing to give more to Fernandez

4. Jin
5. Uno
6. Ten ( ??????? )

Last edited:

Rissa

Record Breaker
How did you came to conclusion about 5 pts diffrence ? I want to see marks listed. Chan should got higher SS slightly, but Hanyu higher transitions.

:laugh: It's just Skater Boy's bias, no grounds in reality. These days Patrick has advantage only in skating skills, but
certainly not in other components area where other guys are up there with him or better.

Still, given that they all make mistakes, Javi never skates completely clean and Hanyu is capable of screwing up like at Nationals, and Patrick IS capable of skating clean, the gold could be anybody's. Which makes me wonder if there could be a surprise podium finisher in the shape of Shoma or Boyang, like Hanyu in 2012.

And I wonder how D10 will fare. It's almost funny, there are the big 3 who should make it to the top plus Denis who always somehow makes it anyway.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I am going to go out on a limb and says

Hanyu win the short
Patrick win the long in PCS (not rewarded nearly enough), but lose over all due to TES.
Javier will get crazy PCS, the type of Euro champion bonuses that sees him well above the podium and distant from who ever is 4th....

That is likely to be Jin Boyang who the judges will mentally mark him some 3 points distant from Javier in PCS in each of the categories. This may be even more distant if Shoma has a great short... certain judges will make sure of it.

I'd be very surprised if any US men make the podium, it will be absolutely amazing in fact. Good luck Adam...

Last edited:

chairmanmao

Final Flight
Chan is so stagnant. His current best is something like 20 points off what Hanyu and Fernandez are capable off. Unless he does a miracle next season, adds the quad sal, puts 2 quad in the short and 3 in the long and lands good 3A's then I can safely say his podium days are truly behind him. The most he can hope for is bronze and his hold on it isn't strong seeing Jin and Uno are catching up on him very quickly. He should wake up from that beautiful dream of Worlds 2013 where PCS are showered on him and ungenerous on others.

1. Hanyu
1.5. Fernandez
3. Jin
4. Uno
5. Ten - could be number 3 if healthy
6. Chan - right behind Denis and rightfully so.

tureis

On the Ice
I thought I would share some interesting statistics for the 2015/16 season I have been looking at:

• Out of all 200+ total scores officially recorded 179 have been achieved in the 2015/16 season vs the 852 from all previous 13 seasons combined since the new judging system has been introduced. That's nearly 1/5 of all 200+ total scores from this season alone.
  • 31 of the 100 highest ever total scores have been achieved in the 2015/16 season. 22 of those 31 have been scored by just five skaters: Javi (5), Boyang (5), Yuzu (4), Shoma (4), Patrick (4).
  • 8 of the 10 highest ever total scores are from the 2015/16 season. Yuzu and Javi both have 3 of those 8. Boyang and Patrick have 1 each.
Dramatic increase in scores indeed, but they do reflect the crazy difficult content and high risk programs men are now subjecting themselves to and mostly delivering on more than ever before.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I think it may be good place to qoute infos that Meoima posted on transitions for top men

Russian figure skater blogger Yulena has just published another article comparing transitions, linking footwork and difficult steps of all top men in their free skate (LP) at Boston WC (she does not count the step sequences). A summary on tumblr: http://chibura.tumblr.com/post/143622025520/here-the-russian-figure-skater-blogger-yulena

English translation of Chart 1 and Chart 2

So Yuzuru only does 12 crossovers in his entire free skate. :eek:

The author says Yuzuru is the only skater who in both programs does quads and axels with different entries, in both SP and LP. As in the LP, Yuzuru jumps with combination entries, where he uses variety of entries with difficulty. These entries are risky but they contribute to the program’s difficulty and they look great as a whole.

The original article:
http://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/dobroefk/927138.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed