Alisa Agafonova & Alper Ucar | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Alisa Agafonova & Alper Ucar

Bahar

Rinkside
I don’t have any knowlodge about the technical issues in figure skating that’s why I am wondering if you guys really think they deserved this low score.
I believe they’ll be better in the next competitions. 💪🏼😍 and hopefully we will see them competing in the Olympics.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don’t have any knowlodge about the technical issues in figure skating that’s why I am wondering if you guys really think they deserved this low score.
I believe they’ll be better in the next competitions. 💪🏼😍 and hopefully we will see them competing in the Olympics.

A good place for any new fan of the sport to begin to understand technical scoring is the Protocol for the completion. It is where the judges marks are documented so that anyone can see.

Knowledgeable fans are generally eager to see the Protocols, because it shows how judges approved or disapproved of elements, and it offers some explanation of the outcomes.

The technical score is derived from the level (difficulty) of the elements and the grade-of-execution (quality).

I'll link below to the protocols for the short dance at Rostelecom. Notice that these skaters were marked Level 1 on the twizzles, level 2 on the steps and pattern, and level 3 on the lift. These are very low in comparison to some of the higher couples, who scored mostly Level 4 on elements.

The judges' marks for GOE are to the right of each element. Judges score elements from -3 to +3, depending on how well the skaters perform the element.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1718/gprus2017/gprus2017_IceDance_SD_Scores.pdf

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Good luck to Alisa and Alper at their final competition! They have had an amazing career, I hope Milano will be a happy ending for them.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Congrats to Alisa and Alper on a lovely final performance. They've had a great career and I'm happy they were able to go out on such a good note. The Marco Polo program was a great final season choice for them, it showed them at their creative best (plus, I'll always love anyone skating to Loreena McKennitt). :)