Kayne and O’Shea in front at U.S. Nationals | Golden Skate

Kayne and O’Shea in front at U.S. Nationals

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pairs SP Recap

Was anyone surprised?

Their routine to “España cañí” by Pascual Marquina Narro is new and both skaters admit that they had been pondering using this music for a long time.

“The music is something we talked about using maybe next season,” said O’Shea. “The shorts weren’t going that well for us this season. We knew after Cup of Russia that we were going to do it, but there were like three days between Russia and Zagreb (Golden Skate). We started it as soon as we could and are happy we did.”

musicfan80

Medalist
Somewhat. Although some of S/K's elements can be shaky.

I just REALLY want to see a GREAT final flight of pairs LPs at U.S. Nationals tomorrow! Best of luck to them all!

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
No, because I was already surprised by their potential shown in the FS at 2015 Rostelecom. Therefore, I expected that the US pair competition would be fierce between the top 3 while Sc/Kn could not feel secure for defending their national title. Then, it came true. I'm looking forward to seeing a great competition in the FS too.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Congratulations! :cheer: That was probably the best I've ever seen them skate and I am thrilled that they won the segment. Hopefully they can hold on to 1st in the FS! :cheer:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I can't believe this result. They won the title with the score over 140 in FS! I didn't see their FS performance yet, but that must be extraordinary one.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can't believe this result. They won the title with the score over 140 in FS! I didn't see their FS performance yet, but that must be extraordinary one.

I was there, and it was thrilling. Alexa and Chris did a great job of standing up to the pressure of defending their national title; but they had a couple of mistakes. But they ended great and got a standing ovation.

Then Tarah and Danny skated lights out, completely lights out, and the standing ovation started before they finished. They got positive GOEs on everything, and nothing was reviewed. A fabulous day of skating.

Last edited:

As great as the ladies were, this was the skate of the competition (along with the Shibs Free Dance).