Sciatica Attack | Golden Skate

Sciatica Attack

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I had a sciatica attack today at work! It's been quite sometime since my last real bout of sciatica. I was miserable all afternoon. I took a couple of advil when I got home and had a rest. Still, I am not looking forward to going to work tomorrow in pain. Good thing tomorrow is Friday, I can rest on the weekend. That's about all one can do.

oh, my achin' back......

bronxgirl

Medalist
Hope you feel better soon. My Dad had chronic back problems, and his stomach couldn't tolerate anything like Advil. Poor man had only Tylenol for pain - could never take anything stronger.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
There are a few things you can do to alleviate it some or at least keep it from getting worse. When you lie down, lay on your side and put a pillow between your knees. You can do this standing up or lying on your stomach. Just bend back, and hold back for 10 seconds 10 times every hour. When standing, put your hands on your rear. It alleviates the pressure. Use a heat pack for twenty minutes and the next hour, ice. I used to lie on the floor and put my legs (calves) on a chair. I still put a pillow between my legs at night. That way you don't get the pressure of the upper leg pulling on your back. I probably didn't get my lays & lies correct but you can still figure it out.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Hang in there Lad, hope you feel better.........take GrGranny's advice. Those were good sugggestions......42

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
dlkksk8fan:

dlkksk8fan said:
Hi Lad, how is the back doing? Hope it's feeling better.

A little better today! Thanks for asking!