Figure Skating Anime | Page 53 | Golden Skate

Figure Skating Anime

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Well, let's be honest... Patrick Chan is far more dearly beloved than I am! :laugh:

Onto episode 2.... ;)

:laugh2:
you will meet the CSG of YOI later on by the GP series... you will see ;) he is not inspired by Patrick Chan at all... so i am curious who you will think he is created from ;) let me know when you get there.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
:laugh2:
you will meet the CSG of YOI later on by the GP series... you will see ;) he is not inspired by Patrick Chan at all... so i am curious who you will think he is created from ;) let me know when you get there.

Well, I'll be sure to grab my popcorn! I like it extra salty, you know. ;) :popcorn:

Last edited:

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
I bingewatched it through the weekend as well. I'm a little more obsessed than I thought I would be. :laugh:

Imagine

Medalist
Tbh, I absolutely despise this anime and its rabid fandom, but for the love of god, how is it possible that no skater has done an actual exhibition to its soundtrack?

The first one to exploit this is going to make history (haha punny) and gain a crapload of fans. Just look at how much Evgenia's stock increased in Japan almost overnight (I mean, that she's double World Champ and invincible also helps but still) from that one Sailor Moon Ex.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Tbh, I absolutely despise this anime and its rabid fandom, but for the love of god, how is it possible that no skater has done an actual exhibition to its soundtrack?

The first one to exploit this is going to make history (haha punny) and gain a crapload of fans. Just look at how much Evgenia's stock increased in Japan almost overnight (I mean, that she's double World Champ and invincible also helps but still) from that one Sailor Moon Ex.

patton chen and johnny weir have

sheetz

Record Breaker
If the people running Stars On Ice were smart they would incorporate some YOI elements into next year's show.

Matilda

Medalist

Weathergal

Medalist
Johnny didn't do an exhibition though--he just posted practice videos to Agape and Eros, just like he frequently posts practice videos to music he likes to skate to in practice. he obviously does like YOI a lot though :) His 3A is still beautiful.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTuu0uqA7Vm/?taken-by=johnnygweir&hl=en

https://www.instagram.com/p/BT-XntjAypH/?taken-by=johnnygweir&hl=en

I'm not an anime fan so I only have a passing familiarity with YOI, but I certainly like the second clip! Johnny is skating beautifully.

Barb

Record Breaker

It must be Evgenia, nobody deserves it more. She is a real fan.

Tulipstar

Medalist

Let's not call an entire fandom names because of the bad behaviour of individuals, though. I've seen some absolutely vile behaviour amongst some figure skating 'fans' and I don't think we would all want to be judged by that :(

Most figure skating fans are nice and enthusiastic about their hobby, and so are Yuri!!! on Ice fans :)

I agree with you about this doing a Yuri!!! on Ice exhibition would be a great way to gain fans. Evgenia seems to have gained even more fans from the TV show she just did, dressed in her Sailor Moon costume. She sure understands the value of this.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Well, I'm not the biggest fan of Evgenia, but I am a fan of Sailor Moon so she definitely gained some points doing EX to it :biggrin: I have really enjoyed it and I would not mind if she did EX to YoI too :)