2016-17 Splits & Partner Changes | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2016-17 Splits & Partner Changes

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Vera is beautiful and graceful, but she just can't jump. She waited for Larionov while he was out on a drug ban, so he stuck with her for years afterward. Maybe Deputat wanted a more reliable jumper for a partner.

Well it's true ... jumps were always iffy in case of Vera since I remember. I wish all the best for new Alexandra & Andrei team.

Last edited:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I won't expect short term success from Proklova/Deputat but they can be really good in time.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Well it's true ... jumps were always iffy in case of Vera since I remember. I wish all the best for new Alexandra & Andrei team.

Maybe Vera should switch to ice dancing -- she has such exquisite lines!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I actually really liked this pair. They had good showings at international comps and she had so much more life with compared to her old partner. The google translate for German is really bad. Did she write that no one could convince Ruben to stay?

I don't know German either, but that's what I understood too. It would be good to get confirmation from someone who knows the language though.

Last edited:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
The google translate for German is really bad. Did she write that no one could convince Ruben to stay?
I don't know German either, but that's what I understood too. It would be good to get confirmation from someone who knows the language though.
Basically yes. She wrote that Ruben has decided to end their partnership due to personal reasons. She herself, their coaches and someone from the federation had tried repeatedly to convince him to continue their partnership, but to no avail.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I'm sad about V/B, even though they usually couldn't skate a program clean, they looked good together in general. She'll probably be able to get another partner quickly, despite her jump (consistency) issues.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
In the replies, somebody asked Mari what this meant for her and the Euros, Worlds and Olympics, and Mari replied with this:

Mari Vartmann said:
EM, WM und OS werden leider in dieser Konstellation nicht stattfinden. Ich kann nur sagen, dass ich auch sehr traurig darüber bin.

Which, according to Google Translate, means:

"EM, WM and OS will unfortunately not take place in this constellation. I can only say that I am very sad about it"

Source: https://www.facebook.com/vartmann/p...0211504415270709&comment_tracking={"tn":"R9"}

I take it that what they translated as "constellation" means the rest of this Olympic cycle.

Feel so disappointed with this. They were such a good pair.

Apart from everything else, as QuadThrow said in the dedicated thread, Germany will probably end up with nobody in Pairs at Euros, despite having 3 slots at Euros.

Could Ruben not have at least waited a few weeks until after Euros?! That way, Germany might have had a chance of holding onto 2 slots for Euros next season. And then, they could split and leave Aljona and Bruno to take care of the Worlds slots, while Mari andRuben took care of finding new partners.

It's just such bad timing.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I take it that what they translated as "constellation" means the rest of this Olympic cycle.
"constellation" is just the literal translation of "Konstellation". In this context the word basically just refers to her partnership with Ruben, meaning that she and Ruben as a team won't participate at Europeans, Worlds or Olys.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Germany will probably end up with nobody in Pairs at Euros, despite having 3 slots at Euros.

CaroLiza_fan

Why? Was Aliona's injury that bad? And what with Hase/Seegert? They are to compete this week in Torun an they're still on the list, so why would Germany end up with no Pairs at Euros? :scratch2:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Why? Was Aliona's injury that bad? And what with Hase/Seegert? They are to compete this week in Torun an they're still on the list, so why would Germany end up with no Pairs at Euros? :scratch2:

Don't really know anything about the situation with the other Pairs. I was just repeating what was said in the other thread:

There is a third class pair named Hase/Seegert. But they are not really competitive on world stage yet.

Aljona is still injured and Hase/Seegert had some problems with his knee. There could be no German pair at Euros in two week with three possible spots!

From this comment, it doesn't sound good. But, the injuries may not be as bad now. I just don't know.

But if Hase / Seegert are skating in Toruń, then they must think Nolan is fit enough to do Euros.

I hope so!

CaroLiza_fan

Nirti

Medalist
Not a surprise, but the first brazilian dance team ever, Karolina Calhoun & Logan Leonesio, already split. She's on icepartnersearch and hopes to find another partner to skate next season for Brazil.

NicolettaL

Final Flight
Spanish Pair
Lech/Maestu have split.
Both having new partners and Marcelina will continue her career representing Poland with someone else. Don't know about Aritz but he is rumored to have new partner also.
And italian pair junior skater Nicolo Macii found himself a new partner Anastasiia REVENKO they are waiting for her release from Russia

Nirti

Medalist
Another split : Marin Ono and Wesley Killing (Japan), he's on Icepartnersearch.

Spanish Pair
Lech/Maestu have split.
Both having new partners and Marcelina will continue her career representing Poland with someone else. Don't know about Aritz but he is rumored to have new partner also.
And italian pair junior skater Nicolo Macii found himself a new partner Anastasiia REVENKO they are waiting for her release from Russia

Aritz Maestu is training with Lara Barquero and they hope to compete together next season.
Already 3 years without any polish pair, that's so strange :(

NicolettaL

Final Flight
Another split : Marin Ono and Wesley Killing (Japan), he's on Icepartnersearch.

Aritz Maestu is training with Lara Barquero and they hope to compete together next season.
Already 3 years without any polish pair, that's so strange :(

That's so sad, I would have bet that pairs will be our top discipline after having Dorota and Mariusz but :(
Goda's profile is still on icepartnersearch

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Some interesting news! https://www.facebook.com/MagyarOrsz...550939258538/1538014449545512/?type=3&theater
So we have two new partnerships skating for Hungary, Ice Dance team Anna Yanovskaya/Adam Lukacs and Pairs team Daria Beklemishcheva/Mark Magyar (I love surnames that are basically your nationality :biggrin: ). Both teams are going to compete at Bavarian Open in Februrary, so if they reach TES minimums they can compete at Worlds!