Inside edges too sharp | Golden Skate

Inside edges too sharp

loopy

Final Flight
Skating in them isn't fixing the issue quickly enough. It's been 4 hours on the ice and they are not working well. Is there a home remedy or should we just bring them back into the skate tech? There is a test this weekend so we are really running out of time.

sandraskates

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Hi loopy,

I know there are sharpening or honing stones that can be purchased but if you've never used one I'd be weary of doing so before a test. Take them back to the skate tech who should be able to correct the problem. Hopefully this is a skate tech that you've been to before and trust.

loopy

Final Flight
I ended taking them back tonight. He said the issue was that the previous sharpener had the edges slightly off so he had to fix them and redid the hollow. It was too grippy for my skater. He took her to the ice so he could see the issue, redid it and had her skate again and checked them again, it's night and day better. I asked if in the future I needed to ask for anything special and he said no, he knows what she needs now. I'm glad I didn't try anything because we would have lost more time and would still have the problem.

sandraskates

Final Flight
Country
United-States
You're welcome! Glad to hear the positive outcome. It sounds like you now have a sharp tech (no pun intended); keep him. :)