Your favorite Don Quixote | Golden Skate

Your favorite Don Quixote

What is your favorite interpretation of Don Quixote?

• Irina Slutskaya (2001LP)

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Takeshi Honda (2002 SP)

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Mishkutenok-Dmitriev (1992 & 94 SP)

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Viktor Petrenko (1988 LP)

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • John Curry (1976 LP

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Sarah Hughes (2001LP)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Yuka Sato (93,94LP)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I voted for John Curry, because among the listed ones, it was the best, in my opinion. On the other hand I have always thought that compared to John Curry´s other eligible freeskate programmes, it was not among the best. It though was created for him to win at the Olympics, and it did that job wonderfully.

Marjaana

Ilia Kulik photos & photolinks
http://koti.welho.com/mjylha2/index.html
Updated July 15, 2004: http://koti.welho.com/mjylha2/index07j.html

Last edited:

icenut84

Final Flight
I have only seen excerpts of John Curry's, but I've seen all the others. I voted for Irina Slutskaya's from 2001. I always liked that programme, especially when she goes into the circular footwork at the end. Second would be Takeshi Honda's 2002 SP, which he performed very well at the Olympics, and I liked the placement and design of the elements (especially the footwork).

A.H.Black

Final Flight
I probably should have said John Curry, but my personal favorite is Alizah Allen's - which I believe was choreographed by John Curry.

berthes ghost

Final Flight
A.H.Black said:
I probably should have said John Curry, but my personal favorite is Alizah Allen's - which I believe was choreographed by John Curry.
Curry died a few years before Allen performed this at nats. Although she had formerly taken lessons with Curry, I doubt that he choreographed this LP. It was however greatly inspired by him and included many of his signature moves.