Ten Years Together | Golden Skate

Ten Years Together

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Three-time and reigning World Champion, Evgeni Plushenko will dedicate his performances in the upcoming Together For Ten Years exhibition in St. Petersburg to all the victims in Beslan, Russia.

More

GoldPatina27

Spectator
Sounds like a great show!!!!!! Wish I could go - hope any of the board members that are able to attend will share their thoughts about it with us and any details on what Plushy skates. :)

Ximena

Final Flight
Another info about the show
- Among all the program Plush is skating he will do, besides his two new programs that are "Moonlight Sonata" and probably his LP to "Godfather", he will perform "Asisai", "Sex Bomb", "St Petesrburg 300", "Michael Jackson Medley", "Adagio", "Story of an Artist". Well I think this is the smart thing to do, only 2 LP and the rest are EX and SP, otherwise he would finished completly worned out.
- His first coach will be there, Tatiana Skala who coached him when he was 4 years old, Plush is happy they could reach her. I think that is very sweet!
- They have inivted a lot of officials as well as Putin, the governnor of St Petersburg, Cinquannta, Pissiev etc.
- Sasha Abt has been invited but Plush said that Sasha has not answered back.

http://www.parter.su/ If you scroll down you can see the poster of the show and there it says that there is going to be a pre-event in a restaurant where fans will be able to get together with Plush and B&S for pics and autographs. For te poster it seems they got a lot of sponsor although the main sponsor is "Lumene" whose representative was at the press conference with Plush, Mishin and the president of the federation of figure skating in St Petesrburg Mr Nilov.

I know somoene that is going so hopefully she can write a report about it.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
I think Plushenko gets lots of "mensch" points, both for honoring Mishin and dedicating the program to the victims in Beslan.

Vash01

Medalist
Ximena said:
Another info about the show
- Among all the program Plush is skating he will do, besides his two new programs that are "Moonlight Sonata" and probably his LP to "Godfather", he will perform "Asisai", "Sex Bomb", "St Petesrburg 300", "Michael Jackson Medley", "Adagio", "Story of an Artist". Well I think this is the smart thing to do, only 2 LP and the rest are EX and SP, otherwise he would finished completly worned out.

Is he really going to skate EIGHT programs in one evening???? Even if they are exhibition programs and/or SP's that's a lot of skating. How can he do so much? I think it is crazy.

I thought about that, too, Vash. The original article said that he would skate "6-7 programs both shows." I couldn't tell from the context whether that meant this many performances total, or this many in each show. If he does all eight of the programs that Ximena lists, in each of the two shows, that's 16 performances in two days!

Last edited:

Ximena

Final Flight
Well it's 6-7 number per show, so considering how many programs Plush has listed it could mean that he will perform some numbers one day and others the second day or that so far he is not sure which programs to present and he started mentioning all those he wished to skate. They did asked him if both shows were going to be exactly the same and he said he was not sure yet.

Vash01

Medalist
OK,so it may mean 3 or 4 in each show. That may be OK. He does seem to have a lot of stamina. I think last year he skated the same LP twice in a row. That's 9 minutes of skating!

Vash

Ximena

Final Flight
No no, Plush will skate 6-7 times in each show, so he will do in total 12-14 programs. What I meant is that since he started listing programs, is that he might not have something clear just yet. For sure, if he is planning to perform different programs every day, there would be programs that he would show both days like "St Petersburg 300". I imagine that also he might skate "Sex Bomb" one day and "Asisai" the other.

What I admire about Plushenko is that he gives everything he's got in every performance. He obviously has a great love and respect for the sport, for the fans and for his fellow competitors.

MM

Vash01

Medalist
Ximena said:
No no, Plush will skate 6-7 times in each show, so he will do in total 12-14 programs. What I meant is that since he started listing programs, is that he might not have something clear just yet. For sure, if he is planning to perform different programs every day, there would be programs that he would show both days like "St Petersburg 300". I imagine that also he might skate "Sex Bomb" one day and "Asisai" the other.

I just cringe when I read about all this skating on that injured knee. I hope he knows what he is doing.