New ER Season Begins Tonight! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

New ER Season Begins Tonight!

guinevere

Final Flight
Oops, you could totally be right about that. I just knew she was in the first season - thought she was in John Carter's med school class.

(sigh...remember how great ER was back then? I even caught an episode from the Lucy knight days recently and found myself missing her character!)

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I read that Carter is getting a new love interest on the show. Wonder who that could be? I hate to say this but I did not like his present girlfriend.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I could not get into that relationship either. I think it is because we as viewers had no history with the character. I still miss Julliane Margulies (Nurse Hathoway),of course George Clooney(Dr. Doug Ross), Gloria Rueben (PA Jeanie Boulet), and Maria Bello (Dr.Anna Del Amico). Corday has just a few episodes left.

What I REALLY miss is Chicago Hope in it's first seasons. Mandy Patinkin is one of the great (and underated) actors of our time, IMO. The episode where most of the staff were quarantined at Christmas is one of the most hysterical episodes of TV I have ever seen.

guinevere

Final Flight
Ladskater said:
I read that Carter is getting a new love interest on the show. Wonder who that could be? I hate to say this but I did not like his present girlfriend.
I don't know if it's Noah Wyle (the actor) or John Carter's character, but I have never found Carter to have chemistry with ANY of the women he's hooked up with! But I'd rather see him dating someone who isn't a main character on the show, so we don't have to suffer through the non-romantic tension quite as much. (I did like when Carter and Abby were just friends, as it was clear he had stronger feelings for her, but once they started seeing each other, both characters became lame).

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Piel said:
I could not get into that relationship either. I think it is because we as viewers had no history with the character. I still miss Julliane Margulies (Nurse Hathoway),of course George Clooney(Dr. Doug Ross), Gloria Rueben (PA Jeanie Boulet), and Maria Bello (Dr.Anna Del Amico). Corday has just a few episodes left.

What I REALLY miss is Chicago Hope in it's first seasons. Mandy Patinkin is one of the great (and underated) actors of our time, IMO. The episode where most of the staff were quarantined at Christmas is one of the most hysterical episodes of TV I have ever seen.

I also miss the Mark Green character on ER. I too liked Chicago Hope. We still get the program late at night. I watched the entire show from beginning to end last winter as I missed most of the show when it was running.

I think the ER characters and plots are getting weak. I suppose one could say they are running out of ideas. After all how many stuck romances can we stomach? These people all seem to be dysfunctional. How about having a stable character for a change with a normal life? Say a Dr. with a wife and family? Too dull? It might breath some fresh air into the show.

euterpe

Medalist
I don't like the Sam character, either. She isn't much of a mother and I don't even see how she'd be desirable as a girlfriend--much too needy in a way, yet incapable of sustaining a relationship. I don't see any reason why Luka would be in love with her, because she's all take and no give and she's very shallow besides.

And that untidy hair! Sometimes she looks like Medusa.

Antilles

Medalist
Yes, I miss the glory days of ER. I really like Shane West, so I'm hoping he'll renew my interest. Luca only seems to go for for extremely dysfunctional women. The guy has some issues to work out.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Luca needs to come to WV and let me help him work through whatever it is that's bothering him. :D