Men Free - Notes & Results | Golden Skate

Men Free - Notes & Results

Rosaleen

Medalist
Disclaimer: Info below is copyrighted to Golden Skate so please don't copy & paste into other forums, newsgroups, mailing lists, and/or articles.

Thanks so much!

As usual, the skaters are shown in the order they skated and the placements are the placements at the time they skated. Marks are shown as Tech, Components and total

I might not have the complete marks below, but they'll be up on the Skate Canda web site.

GEO Vakhtang Murvanidze Start 1 Place 1
Notes middle eastern chanting of somesort /missed most of his skate trying to post ladies & watched what i did see from the concourse & couldn't take decent notes / combo spin was great - neat pos /
t 45.64 c 48.60 tot 92.24 ded 2.00 gr tot 135.67

RUS Andrei Lezin Start 2 Place 1
Notes circus princess / navy down one side light purpole down other / 4t at far end of rink couldn't see for sure if clean / big 2a 1t / fast butterfly back sit nice low pos / 3f2t bit wild on landing / some chor to slower section / 3a / back cam sit upright to front cam which was wobbly / diag ftwrk needs more difficulty but it played nicely with music / 3l / 3z fell / combo spin / 3s with a very tight turnout but stayed on one ft / 3f / O ftwrk intoflying sit to end /
t 56.24 c 50.00 tot 105.24 gr tot 155.23

CAN Emanuel Sandhu Start 3 Place 1
Notes piano concerto no ! by sauer / black with white on one side to bodice top / 4t3t not sure if 2nd one was 3 or 2 - didn't really see it / 3a step out / 3z / fly sit varied in speed as music varied / gorgeous cam spin / 4s fell think fuly rot / 3a3t / 3s / 3f / O ftwrk is just great into diag ftwrk which also is very good / 3l / combo spin to end is his usual & very good / he did the jumps or pretty much all of them and the footwrk was very good but there seemed to be something missing from the program /
t 73.90 c 71.10 ded 1.00 tot 144.00 gr tot 204.17

ROM Gheorghe Chiper Start 4 Place 4
Notes gypsy music / black & red top with yellow trim / 3t supposed to be 4 kind of bailed on it in the air / 3a fell out / music livens and his movement does as well / 3z2t / sit spin with nice variations / some mugging for the judges with the music / 3a hand down fell out not checking it right / some chor & posing into O ftwrk which goes well with music / 3s hand down / 2l / ? jump think a double / 1a / diag ftwrk is difficult & char of music / butterfly back sit with variations /
t 37.24 c 46.10 tot 82.34 gr tot

FRA Frederic Dambier Start 5 Place 3
Notes black with yellow & orange design on one side / when the saints go marching in / 4s fell / music sounds to me like summertime / 3s3t fell on toe / spread eagle into 3a very nice / some chor & to well definied music / 3a2t / sit spin / music really picks and he does his O ftwrk that works well with it / 3l landed at standstill but stayed on one foot / spread eagle into lutz that didn't gett off ice - bad pick / 3s into upright spin with good pos / I didn't see strt steps / 3f fell / combo spin to end is very good /
t 39.34 c 57.00 tot 93.34 ded 3.00 gr tot 148.01

CHN Xiaodong Ma Start 6 Place 3
Notes drk green velvet pants & lower sleeves / shades of pale green semi sheet shirt / 4t 2ft probably far end of ice / 3a2t / spin is soso / 2z pretty sure it was just a big double & not a triple / very slow cam spin / some chor to slower section / 3z hand down / 3t turns out no room by boards for 2nd jump / O ftwrk is very slow / 3a very low on landing but clean / strt ftwrk crowd is into it a bit and clapping with music / back sit spin needs to be lower and faster, also travel / 3s / 2a / combo spin travelled a lot and he almost lost it / there wasn't much between the jumps & other elements - reminded me of the old stereotypical chinese man's program /
t 53.98 c 48.90 tot 102.88 gr tot153.57

CAN Ben Ferreira Start 7 Place 2
Notes navy military style shirt / sentimental journey, hit it / 3a2t / some chor & edge pulls to music / 3t2t big 3 / music livens and crowd is clapping /3l / some mugging / great flycam with layover into sit into crossfoot butterly back sit / some onefoot chor to slower music / 3f / spread eagle 3a / strt ftwrk is very turney and goes with music 3z2t / 3s / death drop sit with variations / crowd is now really into it and we're in the mood for the O ftwrk but 1st a 3z that was a 2 / O ftwrk was very good into combo spin to end and the crowd is on their feet and he deserves it - no, he doesn't have the natural musicality of some of the others but he puts everything into it /
t 63.68 c 69.40 tot 133.08 gr tot 200.46

GER Stefan Lindemann Start 8 Place 3
Notes black pin stripe pants sparkly black top / The big bounce / some chor to get us started / 4t2t / 3a3t free foot down a bit quick on the toe but think classed as clean / combo spin missed it while writing up combo / O ftwrk goes very well with music with comdic stop in it / 2l could see it at take off that it wouldn't work / 3t / flycam with gorgeous strtch into sit back sit upright / 3z fell / music has really slowed and mood has changed / 2a / cam ch cam is very nice / 3f bailed on it at 2revs / fell onsomething else I missed takeoff off / music has changed & crowd is clapping for diag ftwrk / deathdrop to end / not quite the performance he wanted - started out very good but probably a few too many errors near the end /
t 51.54 c 63.60 tot 113.14 ded 2.00 gr tot 176.59

BEL Kevin van der Perren Start 9 Place 3
Notes lawrence of arabia / black velvet with white/grey 'scarf effect really nice & elegant hard to describe / 3a hand down turn out / 3a3t / 3z / some chor to familiar melody line / cam to donut to sit spin and more chor & emoting / 3s3t2l think last one wasa double may have been a 3 but hopped out of it / 2a / O ftwrk bit on slow side but goes with music / 2a again?? not sure what I saw / fling sit / 2f / bentover pos spin - kind of weird / strt ftwrk to same cut as L&A used last year for theirs / combo spin to end /
t 58.82 c 61.40 tot 120.22 gr tot 182.46

USA Ryan Jahnke Start 10 Place 3
Notes piano concerto in a minor by grieg / royal blue velvet pants shades of blue tunic top / 3a 2t clean riht in front of me / 3t2t2l bit jumpy on loop / 3z3l bit iffy on landing of loop / cam ch cam is gorgeous / 1a / spiral into 3s / spiral move into jump flying sit / O ftwrk & crowd is clapping timed with music / spread eagle into tano 3z / 3f / strt ftwrk is dramatic & with music & difficult / butterly sit with great pos / spread eagles into 2a landed pitched forward but clean / combo spin to end is sustained with good pos /
t 62.70 c 67.10 tot 129.80 gr tot 190.55

CAN Jeffrey Buttle Start 11 Place 3
Notes shades of blue & grey ertical design on top / black pants with white piping / Nagoygatsi by Glass / 4t fell / 3a landed pitched forward but kept from putting hand down / beautiful combo spin / 3f also landed pitched forward but clean / spread eagle to crouch with perfet timing & feel for usic & then some more chor / spread eagle 3a landed with feet crossed stood up / 2l / more chor into O ftwrk that is great / 2z / cam spin to catch foot / butterfly to back sit with pos variation / diag ftwrk is fast & unique / 2a / 3s landed awkward / combo spin with too many pos to count - we've all seen it before / not the performance he wanted /
t 47.20 c 73.50 tot 119.70 ded 1.00 gr tot 191.85

JPN Takeshi Honda Start 12 Place 7
Notes black with white pattern & trim / kodo red ribon / 3t / popped axel to big single & fell / music changes & some chor / 3a step out / combo spin / strti ftwrk goes with music - crowd is a bit subdued -think they're still in shock over Jeff / 3f fell out /some more chor into death drop / 3z / 3l step out / his landings are almost like he's afraid to trust the strength in the foot / 3f / S ftwrk is very good / 3s / travel 3s into combo spin /
t 47.70 c 58.30 tot 105.00 ded 1.00 gr tot 166.09

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
The Canadians have done it again. They went 1,2,3. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Job, Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PAskate

On the Ice
Rosaleen said:
CAN Emanuel Sandhu Start 3 Place 1
Notes piano concerto no ! by sauer / black with white on one side to bodice top / 4t3t not sure if 2nd one was 3 or 2 - didn't really see it / 3a step out / 3z / fly sit varied in speed as music varied / gorgeous cam spin / 4s fell think fuly rot / 3a3t / 3s / 3f / O ftwrk is just great into diag ftwrk which also is very good / 3l / combo spin to end is his usual & very good / he did the jumps or pretty much all of them and the footwrk was very good but there seemed to be something missing from the program /
t 73.90 c 71.10 ded 1.00 tot 144.00 gr tot 204.17

I had the initial combination as 4t2t from my seat. The last jump as also a late addition not practiced.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Awesome performances from all three Canadian men. Well done :agree:

Antilles

Medalist
Sandhu did a quad-triple, and it was fantastic. What a great night for Cdn men. Buttle has an amazing program. He had the highest component scores. I just hope he can get his jumps together.

Kara Bear

Final Flight
It was awesome being in the audience that night. Seeing Eman and Ben rocking the house ansd those three Canadian flags rising up to the ceiling. WHAT A NIGHT!