Alexander | Golden Skate

Alexander

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
Gotta admit, I'm not. It looks bad. Like "Troy", but much worse. I hope I'm wrong. But I can't see Farrell pulling this off. And he desperately needs to pull out a win because he has yet to find a role that has put him on the true A-list. He's been flirting with it, but hasn't hit it yet. He's fast becoming a victim of his own bad-boy persona with no talent to back it up.

Add to that A. Jolie (another one I can't stand) and Oliver Stone's inflated ego, and I have a recipie for the "must NOT see movie". JMHO

But I'll wait to hear the reviews...maybe by some ray of hope, it will be tolerable. Hope you enjoy it. I hate to see people's expectations go unfullfilled.

Aloft04

On the Ice
My husband is a huge Alexander buff - wrote a thesis and has tons of books on him. He even named a horse "Oxhead" (I think that was one of Alexander's favorite horses, but I'm not sure.) He is a little apprehensive of Val Kilmer and Angelina Jolie being in the cast, a little too "Hollywoody" for him - - - - but I hope he's pleasantly surprised. I'm easily entertained.

I'm taking him the day it opens.

anya_angie

Final Flight
Unfortunately from a marketing perspective, if you didn't have at least one big name in there I doubt the general public would have paid it any mind.

It's the big dillemma when doing a historical film.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
I thought it was odd that they cast Jolie as his mother. I figured she would have been his wife, Roxanne. Oh well! Women did have children much earlier in the fourth century B.C.E., so I suppose it won't be a huge stretch with some great make up work and tricky lighting. As far as the movie goes...I'm holding my breath. It could go in a number of directions, and most of those are bad. Hopefully, it will be a solid effort. It is one of the most riveting stories in history.

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I am interested in seeing this movie for only one reason.... The perfection that is Jared Leto.

anya_angie

Final Flight
Hephaistion

I'm immensely interested as to how they will handle the situation with Alexander and Hephaistion (Jared Leto of course) for today's... opinionated standards. Will we see much if any of their rumored romantic relationship? Or just their friendship? I'm eager to see how Stone handles this touchy subject.

Kuchana

On the Ice
Anything with Angelina Jolie I will definitely go see. Although I was disappointed with the last movie I saw of her with Taking Lives:( But this one looks more interesting and I'm curious to see if Colin can pull this role off.

Kuchana

On the Ice
anya_angie said:
I'm immensely interested as to how they will handle the situation with Alexander and Hephaistion (Jared Leto of course) for today's... opinionated standards. Will we see much if any of their rumored romantic relationship? Or just their friendship? I'm eager to see how Stone handles this touchy subject.

Weren't there rumors as well of Angelina with Val Kilmer and Colin as well? I'm more intrigued by her with Colin:)

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
I'm immensely interested as to how they will handle the situation with Alexander and Hephaistion (Jared Leto of course) for today's... opinionated standards. Will we see much if any of their rumored romantic relationship? Or just their friendship?

Ooh, I forgot about that one! I'm betting they take the best buddy approach.

fmrus

Spectator
I agree

I agree with Skate Sandee. I think there's too much hype surrounding Colin Farrell that is overwhelming. What is up with that dye blonde hair??!

Baz L(sp) was supposed to do a film about "Alexander the Great" as well starring Nicole Kidman and Leonardo Dicaprio. Does anyone knows what happened to that project?

anya_angie

Final Flight
Lurman.

Yes, Stone's is just the first that makes public eyes in a number of projects about him. Lurman's is an HBO production. It will be great to see him work with Leo again, but I'll have to order it on video or something because we don't get HBO.