2023 JGP Ice Dance: Thoughts? | Golden Skate

2023 JGP Ice Dance: Thoughts?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I was enamored by Neset and Markelov's free dance and am looking forward to seeing them grow!

I also like Tkachenko and Kiliakov's rhythm dance - the costumes are very clever!

What are your thoughts on the Ice Dancing in juniors?

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have been loving this group of junior dancers all seasons. Neset/Markelov have a freshness and sparkle to their skating. They work with each other so well and seem to have a very easy, healthy friendship and partnership. She seems to have grown a bit and so far it has only enhanced their look. Tkachenko & Kiliakov had a striking RD, that was skated with a little less energy than earlier in the season - being careful perhaps. They skated much freer and with more speed in the FD to pan flutes as ghosts. Grimm & Savitskiy also skated well here in their charming RD and as an ambitious new take on Rondo Capriccioso.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can't keep up with juniors normally. But thankfully, I got to watch the Pairs JGPF and ...

I was completely captivated ❤️ by Neset/Markelov in their free dance. I mean entranced. I mean feeling like I was on the ice with them, that I was inside the program. I was in the moment and forgot about time. They're so impressive, to be able to captivate even one viewer that way. they have a new fan.

throw_triple_flip

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Thought the Israeli team looked a little cautious here in some respects but they were my favourites as they're willing to take risks creatively (another way of saying they're wacky). I hope their federation is putting some serious consideration into sending them to senior championships.

The French team looked a lot more confident with their programs here. Great save from him on the scary looking lift in the free.

Neset and Markelov are really very special. They've got the the full package.I think there's a good chance they could shoot up the rankings fairly young as seniors.

The Germans are very charismatic performers and I like their tendency choose slightly wonky/odd takes on classics for their free dances. There's so much amazing detail to their programs.

Pederson and Chen are clearly talented. It's a shame that there always tends to be a big error somewhere. I like how they didn't go for the usual Phantom pieces.

Ukrainians looked a little tentative here, which surprised me a bit as they've looked so confident at the senior level in other competitions.