Speculations regarding the Ladies' event | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Speculations regarding the Ladies' event

Doggygirl said:
If Michelle loaned Julia S. one of her Vera dresses, and Julia loaned MK her "Carmen" Multisex dress, could MK win both Men's AND Womens's gold at worlds????
Now we're getting somewhere. Michelle reprises Salome as both the teen temptress and King Herod. Lusting after herself, she performs a feat never before seen on ice....

No, wait. She is both Salome and John the Baptist. At the end she cuts off her own head.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Maybe Michelle can save U.S. pairs skating....all by herself!

Hikaru

Final Flight
Piel said:
JMO, but Sasha with a mistake was still better than a perect Sarah. Hughes had a great layback but other than that her skating did not have the polish of Cohen and Kwan or even Slutskaya.

I agree. I think the media, and comments like sometimes Dick make, is what makes people really disappointed when she makes a mistake; it creates this expectation to just want to see Sasha skate clean. I don't think they really look for emotion, but for a technically clean program.

At Campbell's 2004, when Sasha made mistakes in her jumps, Dick started with his "here's the mistake again" comment as usual; but when Michelle made a mistake in the straightline footwork, he says "I forgive her because it is a new step". At worlds 2003, the same comment for Sasha when she made mistakes, but when Sarah missed a jump, at the end Dick said something around the lines of "some people can skate clean, but skating with heart is what makes a great program" or something like that. It seems that anyone can make mistakes... anyone but Sasha, that is :rolleye:

Of course I would love for her to have a clean a great program, but even when she makes mistakes, her presentation always has me at the edge of my seat. So far the only skaters that have made me get a teary eye are Alexei, and Shen and Zhao (gotta love them!)

Kuchana

On the Ice
Hikaru said:
It seems that anyone can make mistakes... anyone but Sasha, that is :rolleye:

Well when she practically makes mistakes the majority of the time then that says something. Michelle and Sarah have something she doesn't.....call it consistency. I think Dick and everyone else included pretty much expect mistakes from Sasha which is why he made that remark in the first place so I don't see what's out of place for that.

On to topic, I'm finding it hilarious:)

mzheng

Record Breaker
attyfan said:
While the ladies have skated well, the men have had a repeat of 2003 Nats. Therefore, the judges decide to keep Maribel Vincent Owens's record intact by giving the ladies gold to Sasha and the men's gold goes to Kwan. Kwan takes advantage of the endurance that she gets, training in the mountains, to add another 30 seconds to her program, and, at Worlds, lands 8 triples, including a triple axel. Plushy's knee gives out, so Kwan wins the men's gold.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks for a good laughing of the day.