Computer question | Golden Skate

Computer question

Suzy

On the Ice
Does anyone know how to prevent someone from going to the History button the computer and then seeing all the sites that were visited? I've tried removing the History button from the toolbar but you can still access by going to the arrow between the Back and Forward buttons on the toolbar, go to Sites Most Visited and take a look. I know how to erase the Today sites visited but how and can the Sites Most Visited button be erased or suppressed somehow?

Thanks a bunch. :)

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
The only thing you can do is every time you log off go to Tools > Internet Options, and click "Clear History".

sk8m8

Final Flight
also under the same tab that Ptichka mentioned, you can set the times to erase the history to every _____days. You can set the defaults to 0 and it may clear the history every time you close your browser.

Shinn

Spectator
If you want to be really particular goto Tools--> Internet Options--> general --> Temporary files --> Delete all files (make sure offline files are checked)

This will erase your cookies I think, and that might make some websites function improperly (this one won't remember oyu came for example).

Also if you want to delete all search/web bar history goto tools--->Internet Options--->Content--->Autocomplete

Then click clear forms/passwords.

This is useful if you know someone else will be using your computer on your account and you don't want them accessing any password protected sites. Otherwise IE might fill out every thing. Of course make sure you've remembered any passwords you are using. It will also clear out any reccords it's recorded of oyu filling out online forms. Useful in case IE has saved a form in which you've entered in your credit card # or SSN.