Skater Signature pieces that should not be reused | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Skater Signature pieces that should not be reused

S

Show 42

Re: skating pieces

.......Jules..."When I see MK doing "the feeling begins" I spend the entire program picturing Oksana skating in a purple turban in the dark and wishing the arena would dim the lights so MK could really get her groove on." I totally agree.

I read many people who have mentioned Kurt's "Bring Him Home", which by the way is wonderful, but Paul did a version I think before Kurt that was truly inspired.........anyway, I would add Paul's version of the "Untouchables" that I have seen several other skaters try, but Paul's rendition was inspiring, plus his skate to "Carmena Burana" is simply the best.

J

Joesitz

Hi Gardana - ITA, I think using someone's 'signature' piece should give a different interpretation on it. Not easy to do. One would have to clear one's mind of the signateur.

Joe

G

Garden Kitty

Did Oksana skate to Song of the Black Swan? I didn't know anyone other than Michelle did it. I think Oksana skated to Saint-Saens' The Swan and Swan Lake.

A

Aloft02

Anything involving Kurt Browning in clown pants- retire it!
B&K in "Mack the Knife", Elvis in karate chop mode, be gone. I love Sasha but hate her "Hernando's Hideaway" exhibition.

G

Grgranny

But bring back Kurt and those shiny blue pants!!!:eek:

K

Kasey

Re: Skater Signature pieces that should not be reused

Alexei Yagudin's "Winter"
Paul Wylie's "JFK" and "Carmina Burana" (but I'm sure this will be used by Someone some day...good luck to them!)
Michelle Kwan's "East of Eden"
Elvis Stojko's "Dragon"

A

Aloft02

Re: Skater Signature pieces that should not be reused

Oh yeah-h-h, Grgranny :cool: