4 new Irina photos... | Page 2 | Golden Skate

4 new Irina photos...

How interesting. When these photos were posted a few days ago in the thread on Irina's interview (post #142, by Catfish), not a single person responded with so much as a peep.

But here we have two pages already in a day.

I guess the people who are interested in Irina's personality as revealed in her interviews are not so much interested in her body, and vice versa.

Mathman;)

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Mathman said:
How interesting. When these photos were posted a few days ago in the thread on Irina's interview (post #142, by Catfish), not a single person responded with so much as a peep.

But here we have two pages already in a day.

I guess the people who are interested in Irina's personality as revealed in her interviews are not so much interested in her body, and vice versa.

Mathman;)

I gave up on that thread when it hit about 100 posts and when it became more of a technical discussion between a couple of people (nothing wrong with that, mind you). I suspect I am not alone there. This thread was new and clearly indicated new pictures, just new!

Also, I think most people here had something to say under the interview thread (I certainly did!), so we are not just interested in her body!

Yana

Kasey

Medalist
Irina looks beautiful....I miss her "chubby cheeks" look from a few years ago, but she looks wonderful in those pictures, and they are very tasteful and classy.

Navka looks like total smut. I'm sure there are some hoarded negatives of her somewhere complete with bullwhip and leather chaps!

And Khorkina looks like a disturbing combination of Uma Thurman and a ten-year old boy. Uck.

Kudos to Irina.

Kasey

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Kasey said:
Irina looks beautiful....I miss her "chubby cheeks" look from a few years ago, but she looks wonderful in those pictures, and they are very tasteful and classy.

Can you tell me what exactly you find "classy" about the first photo? She looks like a call girl in that photo. Just wondering...

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
And they aren't as bad as this... (and I know they didn't mean for it to be bad, but the angle that the pic was taken...poor Denkova and Staviysky!)

I can't a believe her in that cantilever!

Why in the world would the photographer choose to publish that picture?

BTW, the article metions again how Irina was screwed by judges who gave her a silver at SLC 2002 instead of a well-deserved gold.

Maybe she should have slipped the judges a copy of these pics. Nothing says " I am a serious athlete" like thigh highs, cleavage, and a thong!

Justafan

On the Ice
STL_Blues_fan said:

Actually those aren't bad. She looks weird in her gymnastics leotard. Like it's 4 sizes too small. I think Irina's are tastefully done. Wish I looked like that. What has happened to our little Irina though? I remember when she had her hair pulled back with those rosy little chubby cheeks.

Glacierskater

On the Ice
Okay, I am dying to look at these, but I have no idea what yo expect and I am not going to risk it at work. They will track that down, and it would be hard to explain since the finaeee handles the tracing of all inappropriate material on company computers....but I only have 40 minutes left, so I am logging on as soon as I get home!

HOME AND LOOKING: Color me unimpressed...maybe the fiancee will have an appreciation, but I doubt it.

Last edited:

wvgal57

On the Ice
Nothing says " I am a serious athlete"

To the judges I'd say nothing says more "I am a serious athleted" than acutally seeing an athlete out there on the ice, competing.

These photos are entertainment. Irina's put herself out there on the ice all year for the judges.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Hmmm

RealtorGal said:
Can you tell me what exactly you find "classy" about the first photo? She looks like a call girl in that photo. Just wondering...

At least now I know what a call girl looks like... I don't have the opportunity to see call girls in my everyday life... You must have a much more interesting life than mine... :sheesh:

Let it go... before you fall off your soapbox

Kwanford Wife

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
Maria Butyrskaya was not nude in Russian Playboy. Her pictures were very similar to Khorkina's shots in Russian Maxim. However Khorkina was topless in Russian Playboy about five or six years ago. These photos were modest by comparison.

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
Pixie Cut said:
Maria Butyrskaya was not nude in Russian Playboy. Her pictures were very similar to Khorkina's shots in Russian Maxim. However Khorkina was topless in Russian Playboy about five or six years ago. These photos were modest by comparison.

Those are the ones I'm talking about. I won't post them here; they're so...GROSS.

Fossi

Final Flight
someone on another board suggested Irina is posing this way because she needs the money. She must be really getting desparate!

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
thisthingcalledlove said:
Those are the ones I'm talking about. I won't post them here; they're so...GROSS.

I think gross is a rather extreme word. I'd say they were on the trashy side, but there was no nudity. The pictures that might have been classified as gross were the ones of Tanya S. bare bottomed on a sheet of ice (or a pretend of a sheet of ice) in German Playboy.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Fossi said:
someone on another board suggested Irina is posing this way because she needs the money. She must be really getting desparate!
Hmmm.... Do they have any evidence? Or is it just speculation? My guess would be the latter.

Excidra2001

On the Ice
Fossi said:

Yeah, with the prize money she's earned this season so far,her $50 000 cheque from Marshall's, her contract with COI and doing shows in Russia, that really does put her in the "desparate" and "poor" category.

Glacierskater

On the Ice
Piel said:
Why in the world would the photographer choose to publish that picture?

Maybe she should have slipped the judges a copy of these pics. Nothing says " I am a serious athlete" like thigh highs, cleavage, and a thong!

Personally, I don't go for thongs. I spend enough time pulling them out of there. I don't relish the idea of shoving them up there on purpose... :p

Fossi

Final Flight
Excidra2001 said:
Yeah, with the prize money she's earned this season so far,her $50 000 cheque from Marshall's, her contract with COI and doing shows in Russia, that really does put her in the "desparate" and "poor" category.

I thought it was widely reported that Irina is poor and is skating for the money and love of skating? I had always thought she was a very wealthy woman, with all her winnings from previous years. Either she wasn't budgeting wisely, or the reports of her being so "poor" were misleading.

Hikaru

Final Flight
I don't know how much she gets on the contracts for COI but I imagine is a lot, but she must have high expenses with her health issues and also her mother's. But I think that she "possing that way" for money is more of a speculation than a fact. :)

Excidra2001

On the Ice
Fossi said:
I thought it was widely reported that Irina is poor and is skating for the money and love of skating? I had always thought she was a very wealthy woman, with all her winnings from previous years. Either she wasn't budgeting wisely, or the reports of her being so "poor" were misleading.

Well I do not know where you read that but what you stated above is news to me. Irina has said that she does not make as much as the American girls and does not have endorsement deals like them but she is living nice. I do not know whether she is rich or poor but considering that she works with high-profile European choreographers and at times has up to three costumes(and we know how expense they are) for one program, bought her self and her parents an apartment, owns two cars and etc, leads me to believe that she makes enough money to maintain a life like that.