Roll call for Adult Nationals in KC, MO | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Roll call for Adult Nationals in KC, MO

sk8er1964

On the Ice
danamartens said:
Is this an international event?? I am intrested in competing in some adult competitions. Is there a website for this competition?? Canada does have an national event for adults each year, but I think it is fairly new. I don't know how popular it is right now. I hate going to competitions where you are the only skater.

Adult Nationals is for US citizens only. However, there are quite a few adult only competitions in the States that are (or possibly could be if you contact the organizers early enough) open to Canadians.

Wyandotte has an adult only competition each year, usually in late February/early March. It is sanctioned by Skate Canada, I think. Wyandotte's just outside of Detroit. Then there's the Buckeye in Cincinnati - I went there last fall, and it was small but lots of fun. If you're in eastern Ontario, there are several adult competitons on the east coast - one at Halloween, at New Year, and one other (never been to those). There's also the Peach Classic in Atlanta in September, plus some in the western US.

sk8stuff.com has an adult section that will list some of the competitions. Often posters will post notices on skatingforums.com, especially for the eastern competitions. Hopefully you can come and join us at one of these events!

Mrs Redboots

On the Ice
Had a great time

I'm now back home after Adult Nationals and a further few days' holiday in Overland Park, and wanted to say how good it was to meet Glacierskater & Skater1964 (among others!) in person - Glacierskater, did you get the dress finished in time? And where did you get the glue gun from? (I have some dresses that might benefit from a judicious application of crystals....).

We really enjoyed watching the skating, and learnt a very great deal from watching the other dancers, some of which we tried to put into practice this morning, with greater or lesser success!

Glacierskater

On the Ice
I did in fact get the meet the Redboots' and they were delightful. I also got goodies thrown to me from them on the ice. It was nice to put names with faces!

Mrs. Redboots I did get the dress done in time. I also learned that hot fix crystals don't work that well with gliiter fabric. The other that I used was called E6000 and I bought it from one of the vendors in the back at rink C. How did you like the social dance? Did you have fun?

Mrs Redboots

On the Ice
Glacierskater said:
Mrs. Redboots I did get the dress done in time. I also learned that hot fix crystals don't work that well with gliiter fabric. The other that I used was called E6000 and I bought it from one of the vendors in the back at rink C. How did you like the social dance? Did you have fun?
Yes, it was great! A bit more crowded than I'd have liked, but I was amazed to find I wasn't scared - which bodes well for our recreational matches this summer! But some good dancing - now why, please, has the Husband reverted to bad habits just as soon as we have got back????

I have new skates now, and my feet hurt