Pre Bronze Adult test | Golden Skate

Pre Bronze Adult test

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Can anyone help me find the requirements for the Pre Bronze Adult test. I looked on the USFSA website but couldn't find anything.

Thin-Ice

Spectator
If you're testing, you need to be a member of US Figure Skating.. and if you're a member, you SHOULD have a current copy of the rulebook, which lists all the elements and standards for passing tests.

In case you've just joined and your rulebook is still being shipped to you, here are the elements for:

PreBronze Moves:
=============
1) Forward Perimeter Stroking -- 4-8 straight strokes down the side with crossovers around the ends, both counterclockwise and clockwise.
2) Basic Consecutive Edges -- Starting from a standstill position, 4-6 half-circles, alternating feet, using an axis line. Forward Outside, Forward Inside, Backward Outside, Backward Inside
3) Foward and Backward Crossovers -- 4-8 per circle, two full figure-eights are required for both forward and backward. You may stop in between forward and backward.
4) Alternating Forward 3-Turns -- Starting from a standstill position, alternating Forward Outside 3-Turns the width of the arena, followed by Forward Inside 3-Turns the width of the Arena.

PreBronze Freestyle:
===============
1) Forward Crossovers, either direction
2) Backward Crossovers, either direction
3) Lunge OR Spiral
4) Two Different Jumps (1/2 or Full Revolution)
5) 1-Foot Upright Spin (minimum 3 revolutions in position)
6) 2-Foot Upright Spin (minimum 3-revolutions in position)
All elements are skated individually, without music.

Both these tests are Pass/Retry.. no numerical scores. Those start at Bronze. Good luck!

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
ThinIce-
Thanks for listing that for me. My coach was going to make a copy for me but she had a family situation come up and has been busy.

I know I have to be a member of USFSA to test.

Thanks again.

dwiggin3

Final Flight
Without having to so some research, what are the adult levels and do they at all coorispond to the non-adult levels? (ie, Adult pre-bronze is the equivalent to preliminary etc.)
Thanks

gkelly

Record Breaker
Pre-bronze would correspond to pre-preliminary. The tests are very similar.

Bronze would correspond to preliminary. There are some pre-juvenile moves on the adult bronze moves tests, but the passing average is the same as the preliminary test. The bronze freestyle test is very similar to the preliminary freestyle test with one or two differences that make it slightly easier.

Silver would correspond to pre-juvenile in terms of the passing average. Again, there are some juvenile moves on the moves test, and the freestyle test has mostly the same moves but is generally slightly easier (e.g., no lutz required).

Gold would correspond to juvenile/intermediate.

All of these levels have jump restrictions for competition, and the restrictions are about two levels lower for adults than for the standard (kids') tests. For example, adult bronze level allows single jumps except for the axel; standard preliminary allows axels and up to two different doubles. But the overall quality of skating, as opposed to jumping, is pretty similar between those levels.