Dance Blades Advice | Golden Skate

Dance Blades Advice

bananaskater

Spectator
Hi there,

I'm considering switching to dance blades since I no longer want to do freestyle/jumps. I'm considering the Coro Dance and MK dance, though I'm leaning more towards the MK dance for the smaller toepick. I currently have CoroAces, but if I'm switching to dance only I'd rather not have the larger crosscut pick.

I'm currently working on preliminary and pre bronze level dances, single rotation twizzles, and adult pre-bronze moves in the field. Would the MK dance be too advanced for me at my current level?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi there,

I'm considering switching to dance blades since I no longer want to do freestyle/jumps. I'm considering the Coro Dance and MK dance, though I'm leaning more towards the MK dance for the smaller toepick. I currently have CoroAces, but if I'm switching to dance only I'd rather not have the larger crosscut pick.

I'm currently working on preliminary and pre bronze level dances, single rotation twizzles, and adult pre-bronze moves in the field. Would the MK dance be too advanced for me at my current level?
Coronation Dance. You don't need MK dance at this point. Also, the pick doesn't matter as much in dance.

bananaskater

Spectator
Thank you for your reply. Is the shortened heel the only difference between the coronation ace and coronation dance?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Thank you for your reply. Is the shortened heel the only difference between the coronation ace and coronation dance?
All dance blades have a shortened heel so that partnered dances don't cause tripping and injuries of one or both partners. Perhaps you should wait for a dance blade until you are more involved in dance.

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Coronation Ace are definitely the way to go. No sense in scaring yourself witless by going to both shortened heel, narrower blade and the tiny domed toe pick all at once! I currently skate on MK Dance and whilst I love them for their slickness and short heel, I wish they had a bigger toepick.