Sasha to stay with Nicks | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Sasha to stay with Nicks

mpal2

Final Flight
Mathman said:
Does anyone know what the "Cotton Eyed Joe" competition was that she referred to?

I think she was referring to the fan that wrote in asking about her health. It sounded like she was wishing that person good luck at the competition.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Mathman said:
(For that matter, what does "cotton-eyed" mean?) :)

Mathman

MM I tried to look that up but only found info on the dance. It says that the real old school folks call it "Wall Eyed Joe". This was an interesting twist...A popular version of the Cotton Eye Joe song has the singer taunting the dancers with lyrics like "... stepped in what?" To which the singers shout in chorus "Bulls***!" Thus, another name for this dance, the Bulls*** Dance.

http://www.dataflo.net/~terpsichore/Mini_Pages/CEJ.html

Fossi

Final Flight
Red Dog said:
:laugh: sounds like she knows what goes on during the off-season on these forums ;) :p

I think Sasha was responding to her own coach's comments made to the media. This is what started the speculation in the first place. Why would her coach do that?

mzheng

Record Breaker
Fossi said:
I think Sasha was responding to her own coach's comments made to the media. This is what started the speculation in the first place. Why would her coach do that?
Did you hear what Dick Button called Nicks? 'old fox'! lol.