2023 Grand Prix de France Free Dance | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2023 Grand Prix de France Free Dance

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
this music is meaningless... it leads nowhere. We see more and more and more of these in ice dance. Just a canvas to "showcase" (this is for you @viennaskater ) the free dance.

I preferred their RD. To me the FD is well skated but doesn't convince me. Easy win for them here, but I prefer Piper and Paul by a landslide when it comes to the FD this year.

slider11

Medalist
Interesting that Hawayek and Baker used this music about 5-6 years ago and it was considered too obscure and no one got the story. Either more people watched the movie or Charlene and Marco just did a better job of telling the story. I still like Hawayek/Baker's version but I get the skills that G/F demonstrate just make it that much better.

icewhite

Record Breaker
this music is meaningless... it leads nowhere. We see more and more and more of these in ice dance. Just a canvas to "showcase" (this is for you @viennaskater ) the free dance.

I preferred their RD. To me the FD is well skated but doesn't convince me. Easy win for them here, but I prefer Piper and Paul by a landslide when it comes to the FD this year.

You would alway prefer the Canadians though, wouldn't you?

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

I'm not bothered by music like this the way you are, but I definitely agree about preferring Piper and Paul in the FD. I think I also prefer Chock/Bates, because that program was interesting, if a bit unpolished. This was very nice, but there's nothing memorable about it for me, whereas their two biggest competitors both have memorable FDs. Even at this comp, L/B also have an instrumental program, but that one is way more memorable to me (I'm sure music quality helps with that).

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
You would alway prefer the Canadians though, wouldn't you?
That's not fair. I have liked some Italian teams before :) just not these two. I was a huge fan of the Shibs back then. I like Hubbell-Donohue. I adored Gabby and Guillaume in 2022 with their exquisite Fauré. Search my posts and you will see. Yes, I like the Canadian teams but not always and not exclusively. I also am a huge fan of Lopareva-Brissaud :)

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think I also prefer Chock/Bates, because that program was interesting, if a bit unpolished.
That was CB first outing of the year and she fell from rotational lift and hit her head in the RD practice - so a bit carefully skated.

icewhite

Record Breaker
That's not fair. I have liked some Italian teams before :) just not these two. I was a huge fan of the Shibs back then. I like Hubbell-Donohue. I adored Gabby and Guillaume in 2022 with their exquisite Fauré. Search my posts and you will see. Yes, I like the Canadian teams but not always and not exclusively. I also am a huge fan of Lopareva-Brissaud :)

Okay. I just saw that you love good gliding and skating skills and I think this team, although it doesn't excite me at all, really has those.