Sarah Hughes looks great on the red carpet | Golden Skate

Sarah Hughes looks great on the red carpet

janna

Rinkside
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26823

i saw this on fsuniverse. i think she looks really good. i mean its not like she is competing so she does not need to be super crazy competitive skinny. just in "good" shape which she appears to be. even more so i think she looks like she is becoming quite a pretty young woman. she just radiates in those pictures.

euterpe

Medalist
Her face looks OK, but in several of the pictures she looks as if she is pregnant. Maybe she chose the lowcut empire dress to draw the eye to her decolletage and away from her hips, but unfortunately the dress also draws attention to her not-so-slim midsection.

She is not competing right now, but has indicated she might want to come back to eligible skating after the 2005-2006 season. She can't do that if she remains in her current shape.

KMK0902

On the Ice
In the two pictures with Oksana, Sarah looks pregnant. She should choose a better cut or "suck it in" if she wants to wear that dress again!

K

lil chrissy

Rinkside
Sarah does look pregnant in these pictures. When we saw her in Atlanta in SOI she looked really out of shape and was not pleasant to watch. Even my husband did not enjoy the performances at all, especially when she was made to look like such a "star" or is that "diva" in her perfomances with the guys. She may have been enjoying the experience but we did not enjoy watching her. It is a shame that she can't really decide what she wants. We are hoping that she will not be part of the SOI cast next year. It degrades all the others who have maintained their shape and their skills.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Although I agree with the people who say she does indeed look a little pregnant in a couple of the pictures, I say give her a break. She looks pretty normal to me, she'd only be "out-of-shape" if you compare her to a regular competitive skater, and we all know most of them are terribly skinny anyway. In almost every SH thread on this forum, someone has to comment on how "fat" or "out-of-shape" she is. It never fails. :eek:hwell:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I agree that Sarah should not have chosen that dress. It's a shame, too, because she could have very well chosen a dress that would have hid her tummy.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Ptichka said:
she could have very well chosen a dress that would have hid her tummy.

I also think it's the dress, NOT her, that makes her look somewhat "pregnant" in some of those pictures. I agree, and at the same time this will fuel even more "she's fat" comments from arm-chair skating fans. :mad:

ikfan

Rinkside
photos on gettyimages

Does anyone know if these photos on gettyimages can be purchased for personal use? I noticed on the sign in page they needed to know a lot of info including your job. Maybe they just sell them to papers/magazines??? Annette

R.D.

Record Breaker
ikfan said:
Does anyone know if these photos on gettyimages can be purchased for personal use? I noticed on the sign in page they needed to know a lot of info including your job. Maybe they just sell them to papers/magazines??? Annette

You know, I've tried (I have an account on Getty Images) and I really doubt that you can. I think the pictures are mainly for business use. Besides, I've found out that it's VERY expensive and complicated to buy the rights to use these images (it depends on what kind of rights you want) so even if you wanted to, it really is not worth it.

I hope I helped.

R.D.

Record Breaker
You can try a site like WireImage or DailyCeleb- those offer paid subscriptions for personal use, but they REALLY limit your rights. I believe you can only view pictures at standard size (no large version), and you can't save or print any images on your computer. I tried WireImage for one month and depending on what you like, you may or may not get your money's worth. On the flip side, you do get access to pics from LOTS of events you wouldn't normally get to see.

registered

On the Ice
Red Dog said:
Although I agree with the people who say she does indeed look a little pregnant in a couple of the pictures, I say give her a break.

As the saying goes, one cannot be just "a little pregnant..." :biggrin:

heyang

Record Breaker
She looks the most 'pregnant' in the 2nd picture, but I think it's because her back is arched forward since Oksana's arm is probably pushing her forward, inadvertently. Her natural slouch will also emphasize any belly. Not everyone can have a perfectly flat concave stomach - even when I was in my best physical condition I wouldn't have called my stomach flat, but I was considered skinny.

I think the complaints about her physique are related to her performing as a featured star in a major show and not having the skills to back up that position in the cast. If she's going to get top billing, people expect her to perform as well as she did during her last major appearance, which for many was Oly's. I know she went to Nationals and Worlds the following year, but many less knowledgable fans might have missed the 2003/4 season and the 2004/5 season was definitely easy to miss in the US with World's predominately on ESPN. A lot of people think Michelle already won gold at Oly's. Anyway, back to Sarah.

I've never been a huge fan. However, my best friend is more objective than I am when it comes to skating. She went to see SOI with her co-worker (we live in different states). During intermission, she called to tell me that she and her co-worker found Sarah's performances to be blah and thought the other cast members were at a much higher level than Sarah.

There's nothing wrong with her skating in the show. The problem is that she doesn't have the skills to back up her featured role and I think this disappoints the people who are paying a high price for their tickets. If she was just a cast member, I don't think there'd be as much hoopla about her appearance.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Even as "just a cast member", Sarah's lack of skating skills would have been noticeably below the others.

If Sarah wants a future in figure skating, she has got to get back in shape. Maybe SOI will take her back next season, but after that, she will surely be supplanted by the next OGM winner or other high-ranked skater who is in good shape.

I had read that Sarah was going to get back to serious training after the end of the SOI tour. From these pictures, it's clear she hasn't made much headway on the weight issue.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for posting the pictures. I think Sarah looks lovely. She has grown into a very pretty young woman.

Dee

Zanzibar

Final Flight
I think Sasha Cohen will be the likely skater for SOI to add to the tour - especially after this season. Michelle will be the star at COI - so it only makes sense for SOI to add Sasha. Sarah is a nice girl with a level head on her shoulders, but she didn't boost sales at all, which is what SOI was hoping for. I think given a choice - if they can get Cohen - they'll take her.

Crizzy

Rinkside
I've been reading that Sarah looks pregnant for almost a year, so when is she going to finally have that baby! She's way over due, aint she? :laugh:

Anyway, I think she looks lovely. I'm glad she's having fun at the party. She actually looks like she lost some weight. Good for her!

Eeyora

Final Flight
Very bad position. She does look as if she has lost some weight. She does look in better shape but she still has got a ways to go. It will probably take her some time.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Zanzibar said:
Sarah is a nice girl with a level head on her shoulders, but she didn't boost sales at all, which is what SOI was hoping for.
Kathleen, do you have any statistics on that?

Dee