Mao's Program Music is revealed to be:

SP: Masquerade by Khachaturian
LP: Prelude Op. 3 No. 2 In C Sharp Minor "Bell" by Rachmaninoff

Medusa

Record Breaker
Mao's Program Music is revealed to be:

SP: Masquerade by Khachaturian
LP: Prelude Op. 3 No. 2 In C Sharp Minor "Bell" by Rachmaninoff
Heh? So her long program from last year will be turned into a short program?

Love the Rachmaninov choice, beautiful piece, not overused.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Is this confirmed from a reliable source? She is actually using last year's free music for a new short? Very strange. That's a new one.

As for the long....I love that piece. Always have. It is so sad...so beautiful. I can't wait to see the program.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Found an update on the Passion Patinage forums, based on an article I didn't actually read:

Kevin van der Perren
SP - tango
LP - Quasimodo is the theme, music not announced.
Choreo - Joseph Arena

Assuming this is accurate, I'm not sure how to react to that. If there was one skater (other than Brian) whom I did not expect to succumb to tango fever, it would have been Kevin. I'm tired of tango programs. I think anyone skating one should receive a music deduction.

ETA - Just saw this at Skate Today - it's not a new article so maybe this was posted already? Anyway:

Nicole Della Monica/Yannick Kocon
SP - 300 soundtrack
LP - The Mission soundtrack (2008-9 LP)

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Found an update on the Passion Patinage forums, based on an article I didn't actually read:

Kevin van der Perren
SP - tango
LP - Quasimodo is the theme, music not announced.
Choreo - Joseph Arena

thank you B. :)I wonder if there is a belgian fan base here for him.Maybe a site also. I ll search.

Nigel

On the Ice

gio

Medalist
From info at Flatt's rink, it is the orchestration from Fosse/Dancin. Sassy and full of fun! Not your traditional big band.

Found the music on YouTube
part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAWjarAHHKQ
part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSRg47DgZE8&feature=related

Thanks Nigel for the info!

Great choice Rachael! I'm sure you'll pull it off! :clap:
A breath of joy and fun!

I hope Zhang, Wagner and Nagasu can make some good choices too, to differentiate them from the Asian skaters.

Last edited:
^ Michelle had planned o use it for her 2006 LP. I don't think anyone ever saw it performed, or heard her cut of the music.

^^
She did it at a fund raiser, I believe. She didn't do anything extraordinary. Surely someone else has seen it. I noted that the version of the music was not what Rach composed. If I find the time I will check the music out.

Michelle did perform her intended Olympic short program (Totentanz by Liszt) at the Marshall's event in December, 2005. I think that was her only appearance in the 2005-06 season.

She also did her intended Olympic exhibition, A Song for You, at the last Marshall's event, in April, 2006, befotre going on her final COI tour.

Last edited:

gio

Medalist
Michelle did perform her intended Olympic short program (Totentanz by Liszt) at the Marshall's event in December, 2005. I think that was her only appearance in the 2005-06 season.

Yes, I remember. It was Maksim Mrvica version of Totentanz with a dance beat. The same piece Irina used the very same season for her SP. I think they made it on purpose (if you remember we've already discussed this in a topic about MK and Ira choosing the same music).

I really don't know if MK showed her planned LP that season. I'm certain I didn't see it.

Last edited:

liketotally

On the Ice
Mirai Nagasu:
SP Music: Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack
FS Music: Carmen

So Carmen's been snapped up! Never expected Mirai to be the one to do it though. I hope it's Sarasate's Carmen Fantasy... much more exciting!

Last edited: