2013 - 2014 Russian skaters, rules, and events | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2013 - 2014 Russian skaters, rules, and events

gmyers

Record Breaker
You are mistaken. The jump is still marked as a triple, but has a bit value of it deducted because it is a bit faulty. But it still remains triple. It starts with the base value of triple and on scoring sheet it is listed as a triple.

It's marked under rotated or downgraded because it's not a triple. 3lz< or 3lz<< means attempt at triple but failure at triple and the skater did not do a triple! Or double or quad. The base value is reduced because it's not a triple. When base value is reduced so to < or << it means it's not a triple or double or etc.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
When base value is reduced so to < or << it means it's not a triple or double or etc.

Well those jumps are either underrotated triples or overrotated doubles. So technically it is either a (faulty) triple or double. They are called underrotated triples and given partial credit, so they are triples. They aren't a non-jump.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
If they were triples they would get triple points as a base value.

The value is based on a triple. Just not full value. Why are you trying to redefine what a triple is? Is it so you can tell us how certain skaters are terrible because they only landed 3 triples?

gmyers

Record Breaker
If one skater does 3t 3lz 3f 3s and another does 3t<< 3lz< 3f<< 3s< you would actually say they both did 4 triples? One skater did 4 triples. The other had a lot of Failed triples. Yeah cop changed the meaning of triple to actually be triple!! Mao did have all terrible performances in the gp because of her extreme triple failures. She improved greatly after the gp! I can't believe some people are still saying Mao was did 5 or 6 triples in her gp events and trying to defend her jumping.

IleK

On the Ice
I am wondering whether this was meant so that both Korobeynikova and Gosviani fight against each other for the last Russian GP spot (the one that is TBC). Based on last years results Gosviani would deserve it more than Korobeynikova, but Korobeynikova already has already one GP event and Gosviani doesn't have any, so it may make a sense to give Korobeynoka second one (though there is no way she could get to GPF, so it probably doesn't really matter).

It might be true. Polina and Nikol are somewhere at the base of the piramide fighting for a level up. But Polina had already had many chances to prove herself including 2 GP last year. The should give Nikol a chance because she has the right to show what 2013 Euros ment. I know she is not very consistent either but al least she looked to be more consistent than Polina was for the last 2 seasons. And afterall we saw Sofia B for so many years at Rost and she achieved less in all these years than Nikol did in one year. I am not going to stand up for Nikol if she doesn't deliver at ON, she has to be a fighter if she wants to be someone. And there are not so many chances to do so. This is her moment. If Polina is better, than so be it.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Dear guys, please start another thread if you want to discuss the semantics of whether a UR triple is a trile? It's kind of distracting in a thread about Russian skaters.

IleK

On the Ice
Julia L will compete again at Finlandia Trophy together with the other 2012 medalists, Kiira Korpi and Mirai Nagasu. She has 90% chances to win. Unfortunately Kiira will not skate at her maximum potential, she is still healing her foot injury but I hope she will make the podium.
I am curious to know if Liza or Alena will do any senior B.
Any news of Polina Shelepen? Is she competing for Israel this season? Or Anna Ovcharova?

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Julia L will compete again at Finlandia Trophy together with the other 2012 medalists, Kiira Korpi and Mirai Nagasu. She has 90% chances to win. Unfortunately Kiira will not skate at her maximum potential, she is still healing her foot injury but I hope she will make the podium.
I am curious to know if Liza or Alena will do any senior B.

Seems like Liza and Nikol Gosviani will compete there as well, so it's gonna be interesting. Can't wait to see how Julia and Liza will do against each other

IleK

On the Ice
Seems like Liza and Nikol Gosviani will compete there as well, so it's gonna be interesting. Can't wait to see how Julia and Liza will do against each other

Wow! This is something to watch! What a competition will be with only Kiira, Mirai and the 3 russian ladies, who knows who else will be there. I didn't expect to see Nikol again. That is great! It means she is taken into consideration for this season. Russian fight!:)

hanca

Record Breaker

Nicol Gosviani can't compete at Finlandia Trophy if she is competing at Ondrej Nepela. Those two competitions run at the same time I think.

IleK

On the Ice
Nicol Gosviani can't compete at Finlandia Trophy if she is competing at Ondrej Nepela. Those two competitions run at the same time I think.

That's true. It seemed weird that from all the russian girls Nikol got 2 Senior B's. I got too enthusiastic about it and I forgot that the two events take place in the same time. I think Lucky Star has mistaken Finlandia for O Nepela.

Miruna was surely overwhelmed with S/S "original" choice of music and wrote on the wrong thread:)) That was unexpected, S/S doing ballet.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

I find it odd they are duking Julia and Tuk at Finlandia and Cup of Russia
I think they are up to something ? maybe they are testing who will have better results from the two

does this mean Adelina is a shoo in for the Olympics ? :unsure: